Chapter 10 - His Majesty Is Here

Start from the beginning

"Princess Kashmin do you really think your low Princess title will have any effect on me. Looks like you forgot to remember royal rules. Since this is the case, as an Empress I will help you to learn so in future you won't forget it" Nandini turned to Atropa "go write Empress's decree and send it to her highness Kumeka to let her know what her daughter is doing"

Atropa did not wait for any second before disappearing inside the other door. Kashmin glance at Nandini and suddenly she felt fear inside her heart. She never expected Nandini would pin point every mistake. Did not people said that she lived isolated life in her general mansion then how come she knows about such royal rules. Today she was angry and rushed in Rose Palace without thinking anything. She did not realised she gotten herself in such a worse situation.

Atropa appeared with decree. Nandini side glance at it then nodded before looking back at Kashmin who stood there in daze.

"Princess Kashmin, you really do know how to cause a big scene with less effort. You really need to calm your mind so from today onward you are confined in your palace Courtyard and reflect on your mistake and learn the rules. I will arrange the royal teacher to let you remind again so you won't forget in future" she moved back to her couch again then sit down before smiling at her "and you are going to learn for a month and live as vegan in your palace"

"No, how could you do that?" Kashmin panicked.

Nandini smiled "well I can because I am the Empress of this Palace and I also can because you are the one who committed the mistake. I am doing this for your future. Atropa go, lead the princess back to her palace and declare the Empress Decree personally"

"Yes my Lady" Atropa bowed and almost dragged Kashmin away who was struggling to refuse. Once they are gone Nandini laid on couch in her earlier posture again.

"My lady must be tired, do you want me to fetch you drink?" Ageratina asked fanning Nandini.

Nandini waved her hand "it's fine, she will be calm for a month" then closed her eyes "next time her situation won't be easy like today"

Ageratina smirked before looking up at the place where Stripes dragged Kashmin away. A hint of evilness flashed in her eyes before she engaged herself in fanning Nandini again.

In the Lily Palace...

After Atropa left, Kumeka stared at the decree in her hand. Her teeth clenched and her fingers fist the decree. Kashmin sobbed as she looked up.

"Mother, you have to do something. I can't stay confined for a month. A week later it's Empress Dowager's birthday feast. I can't miss that anyhow"

Kumeka's temper flared as she gave a hard slap on Kashmin's face. Kashmin was so shocked at her body trembled suddenly.

"You idiot" Kumeka yelled "what were you thinking when you barged inside the Empress's palace without warning?do you know what have you done today? How could you behave so rashly and act like a stupid one?"

"Mothe-mother you slapped me?" Kashmin hold her cheek.

"I should have done this before. I have been teaching you since your a kid. Where did you put all those learnings? How will you become an empress with such temperament when you can't even understand the situation? Do you want to make my hard efforts go in vain?" Kumeka scolded her then closed her eyes in irritation.

"If you were a little thoughtful about this matter she wouldn't get this chance to confine you like this" she glared at the decree again "offending the empress is a serious crime. Don't forget your identity. Though you have Princess title but still you are not in your own palace. We are depending on them to live. No matter how hard it is you can't offend them" then she sighed and glanced at Kashmin who was crying. She shook her head and patted her head.

"You are my daughter. I love you the most and whatever I do will always be for your own good. I am surprised that the Empress left you so easily with a one month's confinement. She is not a easy woman to deal with. You can't win over her so don't try to go for that. That woman is a sly and smart and will find mistakes easily without you knowing. Dealing with such people needes more thinking and hard efforts. If you go straight then you won't have any choice but to die. People like her will not blink an eye before killing you without dirtying their hand"

Kashmin looked up "mother, I was in rush and acted to foolishly. Please forgive me. But she always gets in my nerve"

Kumeka's heart soured seeing her daughter in such miserable state " all you need to do is keep calm and stay inside do get the training to refine yourself better. As for the feast I will try to think of a way to make you attend but there is no assurance. Everything will happen according to the situation. So even if you can't you shouldn't feel bad"

Kashmin nodded "I understand. I will refine myself"

Kumeka smiled "I know you are the best. As for the Empress I will have chat with her when it's possible"

Kashmin nodded and walked inside her room. Kumeka stared outside the window and clenched her fist. Everything is turning so bad. She never expected Kashmin would do such foolish thing before that cunning woman. It's good that her daughter has a title so the Empress won't go severe way but that doesn't mean she won't do anything. Even for her it is hard to talk with that woman so how can her daughter compare to the Empress. Thinking about that she called her maid and whispered something in her ear.

Later that late evening...

Nandini stared at the table blankly. The table was filled with various types of foods. The servants delivered the food from kitchen few minutes ago. She looked up at her two maids.

"What's this? Who will eat so much? Do you want me to die while eating?"

Atropa giggled "my lady, for the tradition this is what Empress eats"

Nandini rolled her eyes "these foods are enough to host a feast. Who made such ridiculous tradition?" She rubbed her forehead "go bring my tea"

Ageratina nodded and left while Atropa stood there silently. After few minutes Ageratina brought a cup of tea. Nandini took a sip and felt herself relaxed. She looked up "make my plate and for the extra dishes you two have it"

Atropa and Ageratina started to fill her plate while Nandini took another sip on her tea and suddenly a maid rushed forward and informed.

"Your Highness, His Majesty is here"

The cup Nandini holding slipped from her hands spilling the tea on table. Her eyes went wide then shook her head.

"Clean these first" saying she get up and walked outside the dining area. How come he is here tonight suddenly? He never did this before. Uncertainty filled her heart.

And the Reason is Unknown to her.