Research

"Hello Professor," Jordan said with a smile.

A chorus of hello's and hi's reverberated through the room. The uneasy feeling in my stomach rose as he smiled. His aura didn't give me a good reason for my intense reaction to him, it shone innocently with a bright white and light yellow tinge. But I couldn't shake the feeling and I dove deeper into my research trying to focus on anything else but his eyes.

He hung around in the musty room for half an hour, watching us as we went through files and slowly found folders and folders of information about the club. Then he left with a beaming smile and a wave, wishing us good luck and promising to come back around the next meeting.

"Is it just me or does he give you the creeps as well?" I asked after I was sure that he had left and was completely out of earshot.

"He's really nice, but he can give off that vibe when you first meet him," Jordan said handing me a folder, "this goes in the 'school' box."

Ophelia and Tyler were sorting through a box together when we heard Cecily exclaim towards the back of the room. We turned to look and watched as the flashlight dropped to the floor leaving her in complete darkness. I could see the outline of her body through the aura. Tyler was the first to rush towards her followed by the rest of us.

"What's wrong?"

"I felt something."

"What do you mean?"

"I was just sorting through this file, putting it back," she pulled it out of the cabinet "and I felt something touch my neck."

"Maybe it was a hair?" I offered with a shrug of my shoulders.

She shook her head, her aura black with fear. "No that was a hand or something, like this," she spun me around and pressed her hand to my shoulder.

"Oh," I said.

"Yeah." She said, releasing a breath as Tyler rubbed her back. Movement in my peripheral vision caught my eye but when I turned there was nothing there.

Jordan took the file and flipped through it, "this doesn't seem very useful, either." They skimmed a page, "wait, actually, yes. Put this in the school box."

"Are we ok with taking all this paperwork from the library? Where do we even store it?" I asked as I dropped it at the top of the pile.

"I have special permissions and I'll store it in the SG office until we get an assigned room for the club. I'm trying to get the old one back but that might take some time."

I nodded my head and we continued to fill the boxes. I could see Cecily stick closely to Tyler now, she refused to leave his side in fear. He absentmindedly rubbed her back as he shifted through a file cabinet with one hand. I offered to get her some water which she refused with a small smile.

"Maybe we should take a break? Take note as to where we got and go through the stuff we already found?" I offered after looking at the time on my phone. I had no connection but it was a quarter to 5 pm. "We've been down here nearly two hours."

Jordan nodded so we packed up and left what felt like a cave.

Hello hello Reader! I'm entering the Watty's and I'd love your support! Please drop me a vote if you like my story :)
V~