Bullies and Auras

Tyler didn't, in fact, ever tell me what was up with him that day, because I never saw him after class or during lunch, or any time after that for that matter. Who I did find during my fourth period was Damian, the same guy that bumped into me before break, who came flying by me as I was entering the threshold of the room. I wasn't sure if he bumped into me or if he full blown pushed me, but the force of the movement was so hard that my butt met the floor.

"Gotta watch where you're going, newbie," I heard him say as I tried to recover from the shock of both the push and the landing. When I looked up he had already made his way to the back of the class where his friends were sitting. They all snickered at me and fist bumped him.

So it was on purpose. I fought the feeling of humiliation and rage building up in the pit of my stomach.

I was flabbergasted at the behavior of this guy and his friends, and grateful that I was wearing pants. I got up, brushed myself off, and lifted my chin high, I wouldn't let him see that he'd fazed me. But as soon as I sat down at my desk, with my back to him, a disgruntled frown formed on my face, while I silently cursed at him in all the languages I knew how. I made the decision that I'd get back at him at some point and he'd never see it coming.

I did, however, finally figure out why he gave me such sketchy vibes while I walked to my desk. It was his lack of aura. He had no light emanating from him like a fire that burns within, and I didn't blame it from avoiding the surface given how shitty he'd been to me in the last two hours alone. But it also really disturbed me that he didn't have one since all the people I'd met so far, throughout my whole life, had one.

I was both terrified and interested to know why that was.