Page 26

As they walked through the crowds, which moved to carve a path for the two as they approached, Dasker noticed some eyes from the newly joined packs staring at him with disgust. Although it angered him, he chose to momentarily ignore them as he focused on the journey back to Bloodrose territory. Once Raven noticed, though, she halted in her path, a quiet growl escaping her. With a tone of authority, she spoke up. "Why does anyone here believe it acceptable to regard us with looks of disgust, of hate? Are you itching for death? For that is the punishment of such acts." No one answered. Raven wasn't speaking like normal, so Dasker assumed her lycan had chosen to showcase itself. "Speak up!" She commanded. Her patience was thinning.

"He's a vampire," a quiet, fearful voice spoke up amongst the crowds. Raven let out another growl, this time louder.

"Dasker is a hybrid," she corrected, irritation in her speech. "He is a werewolf, like the rest of you." She looked through the crowds of wolves who, at her stare, hurriedly bowed down. "Just as I am your queen, he is your king," she emphasized, "and you will treat him as such." As she said the word king, a mysterious feeling of lust flooded through Dasker, but he kept himself composed. Raven's demeanor returned to normal as she tightened her hold on Dasker's hand, flashing him an innocent smile. After walking in silence for a couple of minutes, Dasker leaned his head closer to Raven's.

"King, huh?" He smiled at her. In response, she looked up into his eyes, a strong want swimming inside them.

"Whether they like it or not," she smiled back. Once they finally reached Bloodrose territory, Raven dismissed the other packs, allowing them to return to their own territories. It was nighttime, so the remaining pack members all returned to their respective homes, while Dasker and Raven, accompanied by Isabelle, Cayden, and Sebastian, made their way to his house. As the couple entered, the siblings stayed outside the door.

"You know," Isabelle explained, "we don't want to bother you guys. You haven't seen eachother in a while. Zara offered us the empty rooms in her house, so we might just stay over there." Cayden and Sebastian nodded behind her.

"Are you sure?" Raven inquired.

"Yeah, no, we'll be fine." Cayden added before turning around.

"Yep, have a goodnight," Sebastian followed behind Cayden, and Isabelle joined. They rushed away from the house, following the path through the forest back to the main parts of the town. Although confused, Raven closed the front door, turning to face Dasker. He stood a mere inch away, his eyes swirling red. His arms were pinned on the wall, trapping her body in between. Out of surprise, a short gasp escaped her.

"I couldn't stop thinking about you," he admitted, his eyes falling to her lips.

"What?" Raven asked, unsure of what he meant.

"The whole time I was there, all I thought about was you- getting back to you, feeling your body against mine, your voice. Every single day." His eyes lifted up and hovered over her neck, and an unmatched thirst spread over him. Raven lifted a finger to brush the veins that had protruded from under his eyes, but Dasker's craving distracted him from the feeling of her touch.

"I couldn't stop thinking about you, either, but now we're here. Together. And, even though I might be your 'queen', your 'lycan', whatever, you will always be my king. My big, bad alpha." His focus broke at her words, and he locked her eyes with his own, a grin building upon his face. Another craving flooded over him, but not for blood. She stepped closer to him, wrapping her arms around his body and stuffing her head into his chest.

"What did you call me?" He kept his arms to his side.

"You're my alpha, Dasker," she whispered into his ear. As if on command, he scooped her up by her thighs, keeping a firm grip on her as she wrapped her legs around him, giggling. His lips attacked hers, enveloping them in a deep, passionate kiss. Raven's hands dug into his hair, pulling his face closer. His hold on her body only tightened as his craving grew, soon enough to the point where he could no longer control it from overtaking all his other senses. He pulled back slowly, his desire stabbing him once they parted lips, and placed them onto her cheek. Softly giving her a quick kiss, he leaned into her ear. Raven's desperate breathing was all that his ears were focused on.

"Mine." With Raven in his arms, he sped toward his bedroom, slamming the door shut behind him. He placed her back onto the bed, trapping her body between his legs while he trailed kisses down her neck. No longer could he wait. As if in a rush, he ripped Raven's shirt down the middle, exposing her skin. Before he could do anything else, Raven grabbed his arm and placed it onto her neck. Her eyes had changed blue, and a desire twirled in them. Dasker stared at her neck, able to hear the blood pumping through her veins. His earlier thirst washed over him in greater strength, urging him to drink.

"Do it," Raven breathed as she gazed into his eyes with lust. At her words, he inched closer to her, but stopped as soon as his lips brushed over the skin.

"Are you sure?" He wanted to make sure she was certain before doing something he couldn't change.

"Do it," she breathed heavily. He planted his lips onto her skin, giving her a soft peck before his fangs sprung out and into her neck. As her blood flowed down his neck, he couldn't help but savor the sweet flavor. As he drank, Raven didn't move from below him, entranced by the pleasurable feeling. Her arms tried to move to his body, but Dasker pinned them to the bed with his hands. The taste of her blood was addicting, yet satisfying. Once he finally pulled away, licking at the drops of blood dripping down her neck, he gazed into her eyes, which still loomed of desire. His lifelong thirst, that of which he believed unquenchable, had, at last, ceased, and, finally, Dasker had done what he had wished to do so many times before. He had marked his mate.

By morning, Raven awoke in bed with Dasker lying next to her in a deep sleep. She smiled as she recounted the night before, and her eyes shimmered blue. Quietly pulling herself out of bed, she walked toward the mirror across the room. At her reflection, she smiled and pulled her head to the side, inspecting her neck and the newly formed mark. "It looks good on you," Dasker huskily voiced. She quickly pulled her arms up to cover her exposed body, even though he had already seen it that night. As she turned to look at him, he breezed toward her with his vampire speed and stood behind her. His arms wrapped around her waist as he observed the mark he had created the night before. The mark of a mate. He leaned his head down, brushing his lips over it, causing shivers to fall down her spine. Raven dropped her arms to her sides. As his hands slowly made their way down to her hips, Raven turned herself around with a grin. Her eyes hovered over his collarbone, a look of admiration stuck on her face. "What?" Dasker chuckled, caressing her cheek with his hand. As she traced his skin with her fingers, he glanced at the mirror, curious as to what she was in awe of. In his reflection, he saw it. On the skin of his collarbone was a black mark, similar to a tattoo, of a crown. Attached on top of it was a crescent moon.

"It kind of matches mine," Raven smiled wider as she pulled up her arm, revealing the mark on her forearm that she had always tried to keep hidden. It was a crown, similar to his, except hers was open at the top. Instead of being attached at the top like his, the crescent was hanging down in the front, attached by a small chain that circled the crown. Others had previously mentioned a 'tattoo' on Raven, but it hadn't been visible to Dasker until now.

He softly grabbed her arm and pulled it up, placing a kiss on top of the mark.

"I love you, Raven," he let her hand fall down, but she intertwined her fingers with his.

"I love you, Dasker," she replied, leaning her head up and placing her lips onto his. 

This is the end of the story. This story was originally meant to just see if people would take interest in it or now, hence why I ended it, even though I had more ideas for the story that would include more action. Who knows, maybe I'll update it one day and continue it, but for now, this is it.