Page 11

Once they made it to the inn, they sat down at the bar and the bartender promptly made his way to the two, disregarding the rest of the customers surrounding them. "What'll it be?"

"Vodka neat," Raven answers, flashing a daring smile in Dasker's direction, "line it up." Dasker kept silent, amusement building upon his face as he watched Raven down the shots one by one, gesturing for more once she was finished. "You just gonna watch?" He raised one eyebrow as a smirk formed on the sides of his mouth.

"You're pretty cute." Raven blushed at his words. This was the first time he had publicly flirted with her, and it was obvious the rest of the bar had heard. People kept glancing at them expectantly, and whispers spread through the groups like wildfire. As soon as the second set of shots were poured, Dasker went down the line, drinking them at twice the speed Raven had. Once he finished, he glanced at Raven and winked. With that, Raven could feel the insides of her stomach being tickled, and although it excited her, she realized it quickly felt like she was going to throw up. Frantically looking around, she spotted the restrooms and made a run for it, bursting through the doors and rushing to a toilet, where she proceeded to empty her stomach.

"Wow, are you okay?" A soft voice questioned from behind, but Raven couldn't turn to look; she was still throwing up. "Here," She felt a pair of hands pull her hair back, kneeling down next to her, "let me help you out." Once she felt it was safe to back away from the toilet, Raven got up and walked to the sink, cleaning herself off.

"Thank you."

"No problem, love." Raven finally faced the kind woman, taking in her looks. She was stunning- tan skin, long, black hair with blonde highlights, and her eyes lit up the room. "My name's Zara."

"Raven."

"Did you drink too much?" Zara let out a quiet laugh.

"I don't think it was that..."

"Well whatever it was, it got you good." She walked to the door and pulled it open. "I'll see you around." Raven, now alone, realized that she had run out on Dasker, and hurriedly finished getting her looks back together before heading back to the bar. When she spotted him across the room, though, she had also spotted Zara approaching him. Curious, she watched as Zara placed her arms around Dasker, and the two embraced. Raven could feel herself getting jealous. An unusual feeling overwhelmed her, and, before she knew it, she was making her way past the crowd to Dasker.

"Hi." At the sight of her, Dasker let go of Zara, a concerned look on his face.

"What happened? You okay?"

"I'm fine." Raven was angry, jealous, and hurt all at the same time. Her heart was throbbing in her chest. Dasker watched her with a confused look.

"Oh, let me introduce you to my sister!" He turned to face Zara. "Raven, this is Zara." Immediately, Raven felt stupid. The feeling inside her washed away, and she let out a chuckle.

"We've met." Zara smiled. "I do have to get going, though. But it was nice to meet you, Raven. If you want to talk some more, I'll be at the town hall around noon."

After their short time at the inn, Dasker and Raven reached the house, both exhausted. "I'm gonna head to sleep. Need anything?" Dasker walked down the hall.

"Yes." Another unusual feeling rained down upon Raven, and she couldn't repress it. Dasker stopped in his tracks and looked back. "I want you-" Raven fought against her own voice. "-r shirt." A wave of confusion flowed over Dasker's face.

"You want my shirt?"

"Yup. I want your shirt. T-that is what I want. Your shirt. Mhm." Slowly, the edges of his lips curved up and he chuckled.

"Okay." He grabbed the back of the shirt's collar and pulled it over his head, exposing his muscular body. Oh, those abs. Raven gawked at his figure. In fact, she was so out of touch with reality that she failed to see Dasker toss the shirt to her, and it landed on her head. Over her face, she inhaled the scent of forestry mixed with citrus before pulling it off and grasping it in her hands. To her horror, Dasker had stayed and watched, his smirk as wide as ever. "Goodnight." He laughed and walked into his bedroom as Raven stood in place, staring at his toned back. Why do I do this to myself? Raven groaned. All of a sudden, a quiet growl escaped her, and she was taken aback. Dasker walked back out of his room at the sound. Seeing her, he froze, and his eyes turned red.

"What?" She urged.

"Your wolf just popped out to say hello." He snickered, his red orbs staring into hers. Raven's eyes had gone gold, a look of desire emitting from them as they stared back at Dasker.