Page 14

She couldn't believe what she- really, her wolf- had done. How did she have that much power and strength? Was Dasker just playing along? Raven tried to shove what had happened out of her mind, not wanting to overthink it, and made her way to the kitchen. She swung open the fridge door, scanning over the food inside. Footsteps began making their way down the hallway, heading towards her. The wood creaked under the footsteps, then stopped across from Raven. She looked to her side to see Dasker, looking her up and down. "What're you looking at?" She rolled her eyes.

"The person I want to kiss right now." He stared into her eyes as he took a step closer to her, watching as her cheeks flushed red. Raven hadn't expected him to be so straightforward, but, well, it was Dasker. He closed their distance until their bodies were practically touching, and he placed his hands on her waist, pulling her closer to him. Raven looked at his chest, not wanting him to see the effect he had on her, but Dasker wanted her to look at him. He gently pulled her face up by her chin until she was looking up at him, and he couldn't stop himself from staring at her lips- not that he wanted to stop himself. Instead of leaning in to fulfill his desire, he smirked at her before letting go of her waist and turning to his side to look into the fridge. "I'm hungry." Raven was disappointed, and although she wouldn't admit it, she wanted him to kiss her. She felt her heart slightly ache. She watched as Dasker looked inside the fridge, his smile still present. She felt her wolf anger, but it didn't take over. Instead, Raven just heard a thought echo in her mind. Do it. Without thought, she took Dasker's arm, pulling it slightly so that he turned to face her. She stood on her toes, wrapping her arms around his neck and pulling his face closer. She placed her lips onto his, kissing him as to satisfy the ache in her heart. After the initial surprise, Dasker wrapped his arms around Raven's body, pulling her closer to him until there was no more space. He returned the kiss roughly, trying to control his wolf from dominating. He pulled Raven up, placing her on the counter, and he filled the gap between her legs with his body, his lips never parting with hers. After a couple of seconds, the two broke away, gasping for air.

"Still hungry?" Raven laughed.

"Yup, just, for something else." Dasker placed his lips on Raven's once more, giving her a short kiss, before backing away. "You should get ready. We have a date." Confusion flashed onto Raven's face.

"Since when?"

"Since now." Dasker didn't give her time to reply before he rushed off to his room, closing the door behind him.

Raven wore a silky, red dress that fell down to the middle of her thighs. It showed slight cleavage- not a lot, but surely enough to secure Dasker's attention. It highlighted her curves stunningly but remained elegant. She wore simple, black heels that matched perfectly with the dress. She let her wavy hair fall down and did her makeup as a natural look. When she walked out of her room, she found Dasker standing in the hallway. When the two looked at each other, they each took a minute to admire the other. Dasker wore a black tux that underlined the muscles beneath. His dark hair was brushed back, and a suggestive grin was stamped on his face. "You look beautiful." He broke the silence. His words caused butterflies to dance in Raven's stomach. He extended his hand out, and she took it as he led her out of the house.

Raven hadn't known where they were going until a fancy-looking restaurant came into view. Once they were seated inside, the two looked over the menu and ordered their meals. "I'm sorry..." Raven apologized. Dasker's eyebrow rose in confusion.

"For..."

"For not telling you how good you looked." Raven smiled and Dasker let out a chuckle.

"I don't know if I could ever forgive you for that, honestly." His grin slowly wiped off of his face. "I've been meaning to ask you this, but I didn't want to upset you..."

"Then don't." Raven knew what he wanted to talk about- the memories, it had to be. She didn't want to think about them, especially not now. Dasker nodded, and quickly changed the subject.

"There's an event coming up in a couple of days. A ball. I need to attend it for some business- a bunch of stuff with a rival pack. Would you like to be my date?"

"We haven't even finished this one, and you're already asking me on another one? Are you so eager to spend time with me, Dasker?" Raven let out a giggle.

"So what if I am?" Dasker glared at her eyes, waiting for an answer, but, Raven had none. Her heart sped up, and she could tell Dasker heard. He chuckled. "If you don't want to, that's fine. I'm sure I could find another date to accompany me." This was, in fact, true. Dasker could quite easily find a different date, though, he didn't want to. He wanted Raven. His bluff seemed to work, as Raven couldn't stomach the idea of Dasker with another girl.

"I'll be your date- on one condition."

"And what would that be?"

"Make that two conditions." She added.

"Care to tell me what they are?" He smiled, leaning back into his chair.

"First, I'll obviously need a dress- something like Cinderella's!" Raven imagined herself in an elegant gown, stealing the spotlight from all others.

"Okay, princess." Dasker teased, the edges of his lips curved up. "What else?"

"I get to order as much dessert as I want, and you have to eat it all with me." Dasker arched his eyebrow and grinned, amused.

"You don't think I can keep up?"

"I know you can't keep up."

"Alright, bet. You have a deal- oh, and something you should know about the ball..." Dasker's smirk widened, "It's a mating ball."