Page 25

As they leaned in for another kiss, right before their lips could touch, a series of footsteps sped down the stairs.

"Dasker?" Isabelle shouted.

"Raven?" Zara called. Dasker swiftly pulled Raven's exposed body behind his, blocking her from the others' view. After his sisters, Cayden and Sebastian followed behind.

"We're fine," Dasker answered, "We'll be up in a minute." As they saw Raven's peering eyes behind Dasker, they nodded, and all ran up the stairs as quickly as they had gone down, shutting the door behind them. He turned to face Raven, taking in her beauty. As another chilly breeze swept through the room, Raven shivered, crossing her arms across her chest, seeking warmth. Immediately, Dasker grabbed his shirt by the hem and pulled it off. From the bottom, he pulled it over Raven, letting it fall down onto her body as she fit her arms through the sleeves. It looked like a dress on her. Once it was secure, he wrapped his arms around her and pulled her closer to him, her hands on his chest. He breathed in her comforting scent, which caused a feeling of tranquility to flow through his bloodstream. "We should probably go," he whispered. Raven pulled away, returning her arms across her chest. With a pout, she nodded.

"When we get up there, don't be alarmed." A confused look spread over his face, but he masked it with a smirk.

"Okay," he chuckled as he intertwined his fingers with hers, leading her up the stairs. When they walked through the door, a mob of werewolves surrounded them. Most had traces of the fight stamped on their bodies, and blood coated the land. Corpses were being moved into a large pile, whilst prisoners were gathered away from the people, all tied up with rope. When they noticed Raven, they all stopped what they were doing to bow down before her. Dasker observed the wolves. There must've been at least a couple thousand werewolves from different packs wandering around, all who pledged loyalty to their Queen Lycan- to Raven- and there would likely be more waves of packs who would join in. He glanced at Raven, who had been eyeing him to see his reaction. There was no denying that she would be a great leader, and just as he promised the Moon Goddess, he would stay by her side forever, which, since she was a lycan, would now be eternity. His lips twitched up at the thought of that word. Eternity.

"They've been doing that ever since I turned," Raven whispered, looking around at the wolves. As Dasker snapped back to reality, he grinned at her words. "I don't know what I'm supposed to do..." She looked up at him. Before she knew it, he placed his lips onto hers, giving her a short, but sweet, kiss. She was taken aback, but gave into it. The wolves averted their eyes in respect to provide the couple with some privacy. Dasker flashed her a wink. "Got it," she quietly giggled, "kiss someone." Dasker pulled his head back,

"Someone? No, just me," he pecked her lip again, "only me, love." Another laugh escaped her mouth. After walking a couple feet forward, Dasker abruptly stopped. When Raven looked back at him, his jaw was clenched and his nostrils flared. His eyes turned a deep red, and the veins under them protruded, the blood hastily rushing through. His eyes were fixated on the group of prisoners being huddled together, and once she looked over, her own rage surfaced. Dasker let go of his hand and began walking towards the prisoners, saying no word to Raven. She watched as he approached the man who had spiked her own furiosity- the one who abducted her mate, his intention to kill.

Once Dasker paused in front of him, the man's eyes widened in fear. Before Vilkas could react further, Dasker's fist swung at his face, and blood oozed out of his mouth after the impact. All surrounding eyes turned to the scene unraveling before them. Dasker grabbed the rope binding Vilkas's hands together and pulled it, causing it to snap and release his hands from restraint. A greater panic arose in his eyes once he recognized that Dasker wanted him to fight back. Dasker swung another blow directed at his face, prompting more blood to spill down. Trying to protect himself, Vilkas placed his arms above his face. Dasker's leg swung to his stomach, causing Vilkas to cry out in pain and drop to the ground. "Get up," Dasker shouted. When Vilkas didn't pry himself off the ground, Dasker seized him by the neck and forced him up. Vilkas swung his hand toward Dasker, who instinctively clutched his arm and twisted it. His bone shattered, and he howled in anguish. Dasker wasn't finished, though. His palm struck the man's face, causing his nose to crack and twist to the side. Another cry escaped Vilkas, pleading for mercy. "All this talk about slaying lycans and seizing rule of the wolves," Dasker ridiculed, "Yet, here you are, begging for pity. Pathetic. You're nothing but a dull coward." Vilkas spit to the side, draining his mouth of the pooling blood. Forcing him up by his neck, Dasker lunged his hand into Vilkas's chest, yanking out his heart. A short gasp escaped him before his lifeless corpse was dropped to the ground. Dasker glimpsed at Raven, who was keenly watching him. He walked back to her, disregarding her concerned stare. "Are you ready to leave?" She reached for his hand, weaving her fingers with his and giving him a nod.