Page 6

After eating the sandwich Dasker took out of the fridge for her, Raven stared at Dasker, who was busily reading through and marking a stack of paper. "What're you doing?" I asked, hoping to break the silence. He didn't look up.

"Stuff." His cold tone was back. After thinking it through for a couple seconds, Raven got up.

"You know, if I recall correctly, you're the one who brought me here. I would have been fine with Theo, or hell, I would have been fine alone! But now I'm here, and you can't even-" Her rambling was interrupted by Dasker pulling her into him by her waist, gazing into her eyes. Without thought, Raven leaned into him, placing her lips on his. He returned the kiss, pulling her into him even more. She wrapped her arms around his neck, and he pulled her up, a slight gasp escaping her mouth. She quickly recovered, wrapping her legs around his body as he pushed her up against the wall. After a couple of moments, sensing she needed to breathe, Dasker pulled away gently. Raven's eyes quickly widened, her mouth slightly dropping. Fuck. Dasker thought, quickly jerking his face away, letting Raven down. In shock, Raven stared at him, unable to move. "Y-y-your... your eyes..." When he had pulled away, Dasker's eyes were no longer hazel, but red, and the veins under his eyes protruded. He slowly looked back, his face normal again.

"Raven..."

"W-what are you?" She was slightly hyperventilating, unable to steady her breathing. She tried to move, but she was shaking, and her legs gave out from underneath her. Before she hit the ground, a pair of arms caught her, but then it all went black.

Dasker carried her up to her room, gently placing her down on the bed, pulling the blanket over her. Fuck, fuck fuck! It was odd for Dasker to be unable to control his form. Normally, he would never have to worry about turning like that, but something about Raven made him lose control. He dialed Theo, feeling the need to calm down and clear his head. "Get over here. Now." He commanded.

"Yes, alpha."

Once Theo arrived, Dasker left him with two words, "She knows." He slammed the door behind him and traveled deeper into the woods. His clothes tore off before he landed on all fours, having turned into his wolf. Running around ferociously, the winds blowing at his fur, he calmed down, but only slightly. Ever since Raven had arrived at the town, he felt a pull to her. The rest of the pack viewed her as an intruder, but they didn't act upon it, for she had been escorted by their beta. Dasker had sensed someone nearby- he had sensed a need for them- and so he sent off Theo to go looking for them- for her. He took her in because he wanted her, and Dasker always gets what he wants; the perks of being the strongest Alpha in the strongest pack- and, more importantly, of being a hybrid.