Chapter 8

He throws me in the passenger seat.

"Holy shit Hayes I'm soo sorry but I can't go on a date with you right now, I say.

"Why," he asks upset.

"I have volleyball practice right now," I say.

"Ok well I'll come watch and then we can go," he says.

"It's a closed practice," I say and jump out as he follows.

"Not anymore," he says grabbing my hand. I roll my eyes and we walk in the gym. I run to Ms. Gale leaving Hayes to sit in the bleachers.

"Sorry I'm late I totally forgot," I say knowing laps are about to come.

"It's fine now go get undressed. I nod and run to the locker room and run to my volleyball locker and pull out some practice cloths. (above)I run out and look at the team stretching and I start to with them.

"Alright team new captains are picked today so do your best out there so I see who deserves it," she says.

"Okay teams split up," she says and we go on either side of the rope. I serve and hit it perfectly.

"Nice serve Thomas," my coach says.

We get done and our side won. I totally forgot Hayes was watching. I turn around and wave at him. He smiles and I turn back around and find all the girls around coach.

I run over and they tell me to go away for a second. Huh rude. I go and sit on the bleachers on the opposite of Hayes.

"Alright Blake come over," Coach says.
I run over and all the girls jump on me.

"YOUR OUR BEW CAPTAIN," they scream.

"This is awesome this AHH," I say.

"I can't wait to tell my d-," I stop talking.

"Alright girls practice is over..Thomas you stay with me," Coach says. Everyone leaves and she gives me a hug.

"I'm sorry," she says.

"I'm still getting used to it, I say.

"Alright go on that boy is waiting," she says. I smile and meet Hayes at the gym door.

"Alright where to," he asks.

"Umm Taco Bell," I say.

We pull into the drive-threw and ordered and got our food and headed to Ryan's house. We pull up in the driveway and I realize Ms. Hood's car it gone.

"I had fun and thanks for the tacos," I say.

"Me too and congrats on the captain," he says and grabs my face and kisses me.

"Bye," I say and get out. I walk inside and to Ryan's room.

"Where's your mom," I ask.

"They asked her to come work in New York for a month or two," she says and rolls her eyes.

"She's a bitch," I say and hug her.

"Yea I know," she says. I walk to my room and put a long shirt on and some long socks. (Above)

I walk downstairs and see Ryan eating cookies and watching Broke Ass Game show. I go and grab a Arizona and walk back upstairs.

"Oh my lord Hayes how did you get up here," I say shocked.

"You left your window unlocked from last time," he says smiling.

"Well you can't just sneak in here like that you almost gave me a heart attack," I say. He starts laughing at me.

"It's not funny and I look like this," I say gesturing to myself.

"I think you look gorgeous," he says.

"Whatever," I say and go sit beside him on the bed. I set my Arizona on the side table and look over to Hayes. He grabs my face and kisses it roughly as he grabs my thy. We pull away.

"Are you ticklish," Hayes says out of no where.

"No," I say lying.

"Oh so if I did this you wouldn't laugh," Hayes says picking my side with me jumping back some.

"No I'm not ticklish," I say.

"Okay cool I just wanted to let you know that your lying," he says and starts tickling me. I bust into laughter.

"Hayes yes I'm ticklish," I say laughing.

"Told you," he says and there's a knock at the door.

"Blake you ok," Ryan says on the other side of the door.

"Yea Hayes is here," I say laughing. She comes through the door.

"You didn't come in through the door," she says.

"I came through the window," he says and Ryan busts into laughter.

"Okay Dylan's coming over in a little while," she says.

"Ok," I say and she walk out.