"What are we supposed to do now?" Malia asked when the gunfire finally quietened down. The hunters weren't gone though, I could hear their foot stops and feel each breath vibrating through the air. They were just waiting for us to come back out so that they didn't waste any more bullets, it seemed.

When we heard the sound of the grate to the tunnel opening above us Scott, Malia and I all looked up nervously.
"What is that?" Scott asked, putting an arm in front of Lydia and Malia to protect them also.

"Back up," Lydia answered with the smallest of smiles reaching her lips as a lit flare dropped to the wet ground.

A moment later two people dropped down into the tunnels. Slowing my breathing to focus through the pain, I saw that it was Isaac and Parrish who had arrived to help. Parrish looked up from the flare, his eyes burning orange as he roared loudly. The hellhound leaned down and picked up the flare, beginning to walk towards the hunters. When they saw the supernatural creature coming their way they began to fire once again.

While he dealt with that, Isaac came over to our huddled group. His eyes were searching until he spotted me on the ground.
"What the hell happened?" he asked, dropping to my side. Isaac moved my hand slightly, only to see my palm covered in blood. He immediately put my hand back, placing his own on top to apply more pressure.

"Nothing really. Just a bullet to the stomach," I laughed weakly.

Scott stepped aside so he wasn't in the way, "They shot her. I think it might have been a wolfsbane bullet."

"She's not a werewolf or a were coyote, Scott," Isaac reminded him. "It was probably laced with iron."

I wasn't the only one who had researched Sylphs, apparently. It was true that iron was one thing that could definitely kill a Sylph. After all, I had seen it first hand when my mother had been stabbed. That was with a pure iron knife, though. If I had learnt anything from being around Allison and her gun-crazy family, it was that iron was not a material that they used for bullets because it wasn't as accurate. Meaning that Isaac was probably right in saying that it was only laced with iron.

I took a shallow breath, thinking back to what Monroe had said. "She knows about all the creatures here thanks to Gerard. I wouldn't put it past her to have bullets with iron in them."

"We'll deal with the hunters. Get her out of here," Scott instructed the Beta as his eyes began to glow red.

Isaac nodded, reaching down and slipping an arm under mine to help me to my feet. He walked me over to the ladder carefully. "I can't carry you out so I need you to climb out, okay?"

I bit the inside of my cheek to hold back a cry as I walked beside him. When we reached the ladder I put my hand on it, slowly beginning to lift myself. Each small movement was more painful than the last, my body aching as I climbed up the rungs.

"Come on, Ri, you're almost there," Isaac urged from the bottom of the ladder.

I gathered all the strength I possibly could to push through at that moment, making myself climb up the last few rungs. I had to bite back a scream of pain as I heaved myself up through the manhole, I collapsed onto the ground with a groan, eyes closing as my breaths became shallow.

"Dammit," Isaac mumbled as he quickly climbed up after me. Putting his hands on my face, he tapped my cheek lightly. "Hey, I need you to open your eyes, okay? Riley, open your eyes."

I forced myself to do what he said, opening my eyes. "It hurts so much," I said through low breaths.

"I know," Isaac said quickly. "But I'm going to get you help."