4️⃣5️⃣

😁This the last chapter.   Not edited

𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 fourty five
-many moments can have a good beginning but a bad ending-

-----------------------------------------------------

     "Baby come onnnn." Jalessa pulled on my arm. I groaned and stomped like a child. "My legs are aching." She rolled her eyes. "Y/n, we can't invite people over for a cookout and not be prepared, so let's go bring the rest of the chairs out and then you can take a break." I could tell she was annoyed, so I pouted and pecked her lips. "Alright, but lose that attitude," I whispered in her ear and kissed her cheek. I slapped her ass and called Marcus. I don't care if that nigga wants to or not, he's helping me. He'd be here in a couple minutes, so I went upstairs to take a nap.

Jalessa POV

     I had Y/n dad come a little early to work the grill, and he was more than happy to. He and Y/n finally got closer over the years, but there was still a barrier she had up against him. Everyone was coming over in about 3 hours, and Y/n lazy ass acted like she couldn't stand for more than 20 minutes. All the teens linked up. Kobe said they were going somewhere while he went to practice, taking Aniyah with him. Kiya followed me around, crying, as if she needed me by her side every second of the day. I was laying plastic sheets over the tables when I felt a tightening on my leg, "Mommy, come!" she pouted, and her eyes welled up with tears. I sighed, lifting her up with a grunt. "Come on, Kiya, let's go wake up mommy."

Y/n POV

      I hopped up and grabbed my pulsing lip. "The fuck." I looked up at Makiya as she giggled in front of me and Jalessa was laughing with her hand over her mouth. "I didn't know she was going to hit you that hard, I'm sorry baby, come here." She leaned down, pulling Kiya on her lap and leaning down to peck my lips, but I turned away." She sucked her teeth and whispered in her ear, "Kiya daddy gotta attitude now," and her eyes met mine. She hummed and reached her arms out towards me. "Daddy." I shook my head and took Makiya out of her hands. "Whatchu hitting me for huh, Makiya?" I called her, and she turned and looked at me and backed her head up, examining my face, mostly my upper lip and nose, where she hit. She grabbed the back of my head and pulled me into a slobbery kiss.

     Yeah, I wasn't one with saliva, so I backed up and grabbed a wipe to clean my face and her mouth. I then pecked her lip and looked up at Jalessa.

"Were you going?"

      She grabbed her purse and phone, slipping on her slippers. "I got to get more stuff from the store. That's why she hit you. I told her to wake you up." She picked up her car keys while I watched her eyeing her outfit. "You look real damn good for the grocery story." I smirked, rolling my eyes jokingly, "what girl? You got my attention, whatchu want?" I shrugged and asked Kiyah. She smiled, using her small hands to try and grip the remote. "Nuh uh, you don't need to be watching tv like that, you're not even one yet." In return, she just stared at me. "Well, we're all coming to so..." I said as I kissed her forehead and stood up. She shook her head, "Whatever, hurry up and get dressed."

     "Is Malaya asleep or at her friend's house? It's one or the other, I can't remember." She glared at me as if I wasn't just sleeping. I don't remember. "Kamari and Malaya are both here, so no you aren't coming and I said take a nap and get back to work, I'll be back." She kissed me and Kiya. "Bye mama!" Kiya yelled, and Jalessa waved while smiling, then left. I looked down at her and she looked at me.

     "I don't know why your momma thinks she's grown."

Jalessa POV

     I walked down each aisle, picking up what I needed. My phone was out and ready to FaceTime Y/n when I felt arms quickly snake around me and I was lifted off the ground. I quickly turned around with a mug on my face when they let go of me. Jalen stood there smirking at me with his arms up. "Damn girl, you look good-" I jumped into his arms, hugging him with my arms around his neck. "Shit, I haven't seen you in so long. Who you here with?" I looked behind him and it looked like he was alone. He licked his lips, "Me, Derek, India, and Kashmir bout to go to that club downtown. You should come. They are here." He said their names like I was supposed to know who that was. "I can cook out later with my family."