3️⃣3️⃣

𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑇ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑇ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒
-𝑇ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒𝑠 𝑛𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑤𝑟𝑜𝑛𝑔 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑎 𝑙𝑖𝑡𝑡𝑙𝑒 𝑓𝑎𝑖𝑡ℎ-

---------------------------------------------

     When we got to Rey's apartment, Kaylee insisted that she take a nap after her "long day." It had been about 5 hours after her nap, and I was done waiting. Standing at the edge of the couch, I pulled the blanket off of her and started shaking her body. She groaned and slapped my arm, "You don't know me enough for you to be doing that shit," she rasped and pulled the blanket back on her.

     "And you don't know me enough to think I won't dump a bucket of water on you," I ripped it back off, as she sat up with a sigh and frowned. She scratched her hair while mugging me, "What do you want again?" I shook my head and sat down. "You know Red, so, I need you to help me find out who shot my boy." I nodded towards Marcus, asleep on the couch. She shrugged, "Everyone knew Red did it, but nobody knew he was alive. The same day, Red went around bragging that he killed him like an idiot." I hummed. "Was he the only one involved?" I picked up my phone, seeing the incoming call. I declined, not looking at the caller ID.

      "I don't know, there were a lot of niggas claiming they were involved, but most of them were wanna be gang members in high school." She sat back against the coach while the blanket was spread out covering her legs. "You got your phone on you?" I asked and she looked at me waiting for me to continue, "if you do it right, you can ask him who was involved without him thinking anything's up." I sat while looking at my phone as it rang again. This time I answered when I noticed it was Jalessa.

     "Hey baby-" she cut me off, "are you okay?" She asked. I frowned, confused. "Why wouldn't I be okay?" I laid back against the couch. She was pretty loud and I wasn't gonna turn it down. Whenever I'm on the phone, I can never hear what anyone is saying. for the life of me." I called you the first time and you declined, I thought something had happened" I looked up at Kaylee when she started moving around. Her eyes widened. "Is that Jalessa?" she mouthed. I forgot my life was on social media. When I didn't answer she projected her voice. "Is that Jalessa?" she asked loudly. Jalessa stopped talking. "Who the hell is that?" I could hear the attitude in her voice and I could just imagine the face she was making. I sighed, "no one, it's just-"

     "Y/n doesn't talk about you as much as I thought she would!" Kaylee yelled with a grin, knowing exactly what she was doing. My eyes widened looking at her. "Y/n!" Jalessa yelled. Oh my god. "Babe! I promise it's just some annoying ass little girl helping me out with Marcus. " I quickly said, and Jalessa hummed. "I called to say thank you for the breakfast and to please be safe." She said, "Calmer. "I will. I love you." I smiled. "I love you too," she replied.

     I hung up and looked back at Kaylee. She was frowning at me. My eyebrows furrowed, "what?" She rolled her eyes and said, "You're so in love it's almost disgusting." I smacked my lips, "are you gonna do it or not?" I watched as her eyes filled with excitement when it landed on a pop tart. I groaned and waited for her to listen, "am I gonna do what?" She replied, unwrapping it without even looking at me.

     "Are you going to call and talk to Red?" I pinched the bridge of my nose. "Mhm," she said while chewing and taking out her phone, but then she stopped. She squinted her eyes at me, "after we go to 7/11 for a Slurpee, I haven't had one in a while." She smiled, satisfied with her request. I gave her a tight smile, holding in my aggravation, and stood up, waking up Marcus.

     "I know what I'm doing," she said, shushing me. I sighed, "Let's go over it one more time before you-"

     "Hi Baby!" She exclaimed, overjoyed. I smiled when she had a straight stoned face while still sounding genuinely happy. "What's good ma, where you at, you know you suppose to be home at 12" she rolled her eyes. "I know, but my grandmother came over to get me and I couldn't make her suspicious about what I was doing, so I had to go. I'll probably be back tomorrow, " she looked down at her nails." Marcus shook his head. "It isn't no "probably" you will be here tomorrow, actually tonight."

     I shook my head when hearing his voice. Years of him ruining young kids' lives, making them drug dealers and making them feel like objects. Okay, but I just called because I know you and Pablo planned to murder that boy from West Wood, but there's a bunch of niggas claiming they were involved." I looked at Marcus and he looked intrigued. "She never said shit about Pablo," I mouthed to him shocked. "Them some dumb niggas yo. It was me and Pablo who set it up and we got young boys, Um, damn what's they name... Devonte and Trey, yeah, those crazy ass niggas."

     My heart dropped. I looked at Marcus, and he looked as shocked as me. Trey really pulled the trigger on Marcus. They really tried to shoot him. Nah, that nigga did shoot him and I've given him too many chances. "Alright baby, I'll see you tomorrow, and remember what you asked me a couple weeks ago. I changed my mind. I'm down." They kept talking, but I wasn't listening. Once she hung up, she looked at us in silence. So, whatever you do to him, make it happen tomorrow night, it'll be one of your best chances of bringing them all together.

     Okay, but what did you mean, "you changed your mind," what did you change your mind about."

     She looked down, playing with her fingers, "Let's just say he involved me in a bet and he lost. I have to do something that I don't necessarily want to, and I've been finding ways to avoid it. I lied and said I would do it tomorrow night, so most of them will be there, but I don't know about Trey. He's always at his baby mama's house even though he doesn't even care for his son, but that's not my business."

     I sighed, glancing at Marcus then back at Kaylee. I nodded and looked down at my phone, scrolling through Instagram. I stopped more when I got tired of the noises Kaylee was making with her Slurpee. "You fuckin that shit up huh" I asked keeping a straight face. "Nigga I'll shoot you." I raised an eyebrow at her words, "with what strap?" I inquired, smiling at the little ass girl attempting to appear mature. "The one in your bag," she said, twisting her lips as if she had me.I pulled the one out that I had in my waistband and her eyes widened. "Mhm, stay in your lane, little girl." All she did was roll her eyes.