3️⃣9️⃣

𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑇ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑁𝑖𝑛𝑒
-𝐻𝑎𝑝𝑝𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑠𝑠 𝑑𝑒𝑝𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑠 𝑢𝑝𝑜𝑛 𝑜𝑢𝑟𝑠𝑒𝑙𝑣𝑒𝑠-

——————————————————————

Maya's POV

"Can you stop tapping please?" One of the ratchet girls said, turning around to look at me, I could tell she was tryna be nice, so I actually tried to stop. "Yeah, sorry," I mumbled, and she turned around, her eyes rolling. I balled my fist up and sat my hands in my lap. Following that, I knew my name was next. My heartbeat quickened, I leaned forward and straightened my back to stretch. I bit my lip as hard as I could to distract myself from my thoughts. "Fuck," I repeated under my breath.

"Are you okay?"

I looked behind me and saw Jada. I quickly turned back around, wide eyed. How did I never know she sat behind me. She probably saw all the stupid shit I did. I dropped my head into my hands and huffed, then looked around me to see if anyone had heard. I hated presenting in front of anyone, I would literally get stuck when my own parents asked me about my day. It didn't help that MaKayla would clown me when she found out I didn't even try to talk to Jada. Mr. Willis went on a rant about how no one was participating and said that if we behaved like children, he would treat us like children. So now all of our names are in a cup being picked randomly.

I raised my hand and asked to use the restroom to calm my dumb ass anxiety down.

I stood in the restroom pacing back and forth. I felt like I was gonna have a meltdown. I huffed, looking out the window. I wonder if anyone can see me walking back and forth like an idiot. I looked in the mirror and sighed as my eyes filled with tears. What the fuck am I about to cry! The door opened, it was too late to run into a stall, so I quickly turned the water on, pretending I was washing my hands. "Hey, are you good?" I closed my eyes and sighed. My heartbeat sped up. I looked at her and nodded, "I'm fine," I squeaked out. She continued to stare at me, so I looked away. Turning the water off, then pulling down the brown paper towels.

I honestly don't know what happened. I went from trying not to look at her to standing in front of Jada nervously. "Do you want to go... uh" I looked down at my shoes. I'm 15 and im acting like I can't fucking speak. "Never mind," I said as I moved past her, but she grabbed my arm. "No, what were you gonna say?" She still held onto my arm, so if I had a chance to speak before, I sure wouldn't be able to now. She looked down when she saw me eyeing her hand and moved it.

The worst thing she could say was no. "No to what? Just ask me," fuck, why am I so dumb? Do you want to hang out with me around school or whenever." Do people even still say hang out? I looked at her and she had a tight smile. She's gonna say no. "Sure," she said, and backed away. I looked at her confused. "Sure?" I asked, wanting her to confirm. She laughed and pulled out her phone, "I've been waiting for you to ask for a while actually, or to at least speak to me." Why didn't she just speak to me first? That would have been a hell of a lot easier. I stayed quiet, not knowing what to say.

I actually had a lot to say, but I didn't want to embarrass myself. "I need your number, Maya." She laughed after I just stood there staring at her.

"Where are you thinking about taking me?" she asked as she sat in front of a mirror doing her makeup. I watched her and kept my face out of the view. She didn't say anything about it, but I knew she wanted to. I said, "Uhm, to this lake that I would go to, it helped me calm my anxi- mind, it helped clear my mind." I quietly groaned and hit my head on the bed softly. She stopped moving, then continued after a while. "Why aren't you doing your makeup, I like seeing the different looks you do everyday." Think of something.