2️⃣1️⃣

𝐶𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑇𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 𝑂𝑛𝑒
-𝑌𝑜𝑢 𝑚𝑖𝑠𝑠 100% 𝑜𝑓 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑠ℎ𝑜𝑡𝑠 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑑𝑜𝑛𝑡 𝑡𝑎𝑘𝑒-

————————————————————

Rue's POV

     I woke up rubbing my head. I looked around confused and recognized it as Amelia's room. I sat up slowly, I felt light, headed and mostly just wanted to go back to sleep. She walked into the room and sat down with a bowl of fruit. I stared at her, waiting for her to say something. "Amelia," I grumbled. She jumped at hearing my voice. She looked up at me and grabbed a water bottle, handing it to me. "I didn't even realize you were awake. Are you okay." She nodded at my arm. I looked down, confused, and my eyes widened as I saw a thick cast connected to a strap around my shoulder.

     What in the hell- memories of what happened started coming to my head. I remember waking up in the hospital. All I know is that I had a concussion and a fractured arm. The last thing I remember was a mask over my face and the nurse counting down from 10 to 1. But the kiss. I quickly looked at her. "Amelia I'm sorry Diara kissed me a-and-" she interrupted, "I know you told me."You probably don't remember because of the anesthesia, " she said quietly. I sat up and pulled her towards me with my left arm, "I'm sorry, Amelia. I-I" I started."

     Do you remember what we talked about? You know about your feelings and-." She looked away from me and I squinted my eyes waiting for her to finish, "marriage." My eyes widened upon hearing the last word she said, even though it was barely audible. "Marriage! Amelia, we haven't even had sex yet! I'm 16 and you want to get married. I mean, I love you, like a lot, but I'm not ready for that. That would be amazing and I can't wait until the time comes, but not now," my eyes widened. "I'm talking about marriage, not sex, I would definitely like to do that now. Well not right now, I mean-"

     "Rue, Shut Up" she yelled, dropping her head into her hands. You see the house I live in, you know how much money my parents have and they definitely worked hard for it, but you also know my dad. H-he wants to marry me off to some snobby man. I've been talking to my mom and she doesn't agree with my dad's decision, s-she said it'll be hard, but there's only one way she can think of to avoid the situation."

     She wants to get married so she doesn't get forced into a marriage with someone her father picks. This was definitely a typical teenage impulsive decision, but I would do it if it meant being with her for as long as she wanted me. I sat there listening to everything she was saying in shock. "I already told you all of this, but I was a coward and did it when you were on anesthesia, even though I knew you most likely wouldn't remember." She looked at me with tears in her eyes and said, "Please say something." She begged, I sighed and took her hands into mine. "Okay, I just don't want you to think I'm only doing it for you to not get married off it's also because I love you so much, but.. aren't you mad about the kiss." I asked quietly.

     She looked down, "Rue I know this is a bad time, but I-I think I'm in love with Diara as well as you." I don't care what anyone says. I one hundred percent choked on air. "Y-you think I have feelings for her and you're in love with her." She sighed, "I'm guessing you don't remember what you told me in the car." I looked at her confused. "What did I say."

     "I had one of my drivers drive me to see you in the hospital because Diara said that you fell and you weren't waking up. I knew she was keeping something from me but I didn't push it. I was only worried about you. But, I noticed how she looked at you the way she looked at me when we were younger. You had woken up for about 10 minutes, and they put you on anesthesia, so you fell back to sleep. After they said you'd be fine, my driver literally dragged you into the back seat. We were cuddled up together... and then. You started speaking."

In The Car

    Amelia laid on Rue's left arm, and Rue's attention was fixed on the sunset. "Amelia, look how beautiful it is." She said, pointing out the window. Amelia smiled, "I know it's beautiful." Her smile slowly disappeared. "Rue, do you remember when you kept asking for me?" Amelia lightly laughed, "even though I was right next to you." Rue nodded, getting distracted by the birds. "You were also asking for. Diara, and you kept saying you missed her. Have you been hanging out with her?" She asked curiously.

    Rue looked at Amelia and said, "no, I hung out with her when we did the project, and I kissed her." She looked back out the window. Amelia's heart sank. Even the driver looked through the rear view mirror and grimaced. He let out a small, "damn."

     "Amelia! Look at the dog! It's a shit zoo!" Rue yelled. Amelia didn't know how to feel, "that's not how you say it. Rue: it's not a shit zoo, it's a- never mind." She sighed. She cleared her throat. "Y-you kissed her," she asked softly. Amelia wasn't mad; she just couldn't believe it. After Diara had confessed how she felt at the party, Amelia had trouble not thinking about her. She had admitted to herself that she had feelings for Diara, but she wanted to bury it down and not think about it. But over time, it just kept growing. Then she kept seeing the way Diara would look at Rue. At first she thought Diara was just trying to piss her off, but then she saw the genuineness behind it.

     "Do you have feelings for her?" She asked, not knowing if she wanted her to say yes or no. Rue looked down at her fingers, thinking about it, "I think I might be in love with her, but I also love Amelia. I love everything about her and I want to be with her forever," she said nonchalantly. I tear fell from Amelia's eye as a soft smile came onto her face. "You want to be with me forever?" she asked softly. Rue continued to stare out the window. "Forever," Rue whispered.

Rue's POV

     The next day, I went to school and saw Diara. She was no doubt ignoring me, so I had to grab her and stuff her in an unused room. "Hey, what the hell are you doing."

     "I wanted to speak to you but you keep ignoring me, so sit down and shut up." I dropped my backpack and she did the same thing. It was quiet for a few seconds. "Do you still like Amelia?" I asked lowly. She scoffed and shuffled, sitting on the desk. "I'll always love her, I've had feelings for her since we met, but you came and ruined my life. I became really depressed and shit. I just wanted someone to save me, but I wanted it to be her. I didn't want help from anyone else." I could tell she was joking about the ruining her life part, but I knew she meant some part of it.

    "I'm sorry." I looked down with a damp now in my mood. I asked her one question, and she gave me a random speech, but it was a lot to take in. "I know you probably hate me, but I do know what it feels like for people to try and save you when you don't want to be saved." I chuckled dryly, producing a sad smile. "I can't tell you why I moved down here and, in your words, "ruined your life," but I can say I did see the way you looked at her when we were 12. I know what it feels like to want someone and they don't even look your way. That's why I kept my distance from both of you, but I didn't know that when I stayed away from her, she would follow me and leave you alone." I looked at her and kept going.

    "She quite literally forced her way into my life and just like you couldn't resist her, I couldn't either." I shook my head, remembering the times I'd spent with Amelia. I never meant to hurt you in the process, but I can promise you that if you try, we could be friends because I know you at least still want her in your life."

     She nodded then smiled, "Who were you in love with at 12." I laughed and shook my head, "her name is Cassidy. When I was younger, I had a crush on her and she rejected the shit out of me, but now she's kind of like my guardian and the feelings are definitely gone. She was my older sister's friend."

     "What do you mean, "was?" Is she like gone or something." She asked, and I looked away and sadly sighed. "More like I'm the one that's gone," I whispered to myself.