4️⃣1️⃣

𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑜𝑛𝑒
-𝐴𝑙𝑙 𝑔𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑡 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑔𝑒𝑠 𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑝𝑟𝑒𝑐𝑒𝑑𝑒𝑑 𝑏𝑦 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑜𝑠 -

------------------------------------------------

Kamari laid down, softly crying in his room once he got home from school. Usually, when he'd see his older sister Malaya, she would give him a hug or kiss, or at least a high five. But when they passed each other, she completely ignored him. Jalessa put her phone down when she heard someone sniffing. When passing Mari's room, she said, "Mari what's wrong?" She rubbed his back as she sat at the end of the bed. When he got home, the first thing he did was run to his bed, cuddling his stuffed dinosaur, crying.

He didn't even take off his blue uniform shirt and shorts. Jalessa's quietly sighed, "baby, I can't help you if you don't tell me something. Was someone mean to you, or did you just have a bad day?" she asked, pulling on his arm to see his face. She had enough and picked him up, ceasing him in her arm. He whined, but didn't say anything. She left lingering kisses all over his face that calmed him down.

"Tell me what happened, baby." She looked down at him with his puffy red eyes. He shook his head, "it's just Malaya. She's still being mean to me, even at school now." He said, ready to cry again. She sighed. Malaya was in third grade and Mari was in first. They went to the same school, but it was pretty small, so they always saw each other. "She won't act like that anymore. I'll talk to her again, okay." He nodded.

Y/n POV

"Malaya," I called out while sitting on the couch with my phone. "Yes!" I sat my phone down the and said, "Come here for a second." I sighed and waited until I heard footsteps coming down the stairs quickly. She hopped over to me happily and I kissed her forehead. "How was your day, love?" I asked, holding her in my arms. "It was good. I had fun with Lily and Aaliyah. We played on monkey bars, and I went all the way this time, but Lily got mad, " she frowned, staring into space. I smiled, "What did you learn?" She turned to me, wrapping her arms around my neck but not really hugging me. "We're learning more math stuff," she hummed as she shifted on her feet, "but it was okay," she smiled at me. I kissed her cheek, "Did you see Kamari in the hallways?'' She shook her head and looked down. I resisted the urge to frown.

"But you always see him and you both get out of your last class at the same time. How come you didn't see him?" I asked calmly. She hummed and looked down at her feet. Eventually, she looked back up at me and shrugged, "I don't know." She bit her lip nervously. A habit Kayla and Maya had when they were younger. "Malaya, I have never lied to you, so please don't lie to me. Did you see him today?" She nodded slowly, looking sad now. "Yeah?" She looked at me. "There's no reason for you to be sad, I'm not mad at you. I would tell you if I was. Now why did you lie about not seeing him?" She kept picking on the side of my shirt. "Because I know he told you and mama that I didn't hug him today," she whispered. I pulled her close to me, rubbing her back. "And why didn't you hug him?" I asked her. "My friend said it wasn't cool." I didn't expect that. "Lily and Aaliyah said it wasn't cool. Huh, do you think it's cool?"

She looked up at me and said, "of course it's not cool." She looked like I had asked her the dumbest question she had ever heard. "It's not cool because he's younger than you?" I asked. She nodded, "Well, Kamari is 5 and you're 8 so you're 3 years older than him and that makes you bigger than him." She nodded, confirming. "Okay, don't hang out with him because you are bigger than he is, so that's fair." I stood up and took a few steps. "Oh wait" I said stopping and looked at her. "You also can't hang out with Makayla, Kobe, and especially Maya, and definitely not Kaden and Kyrie anymore." Her smile disappeared. "Why not?" She asked in a low voice.