Chapter 71: Meeting Zemo

(Siberia)

Y/N's P.O.V

After a long flight in the quinjet myself along with Steve and Bucky make it to Siberia we finally land near the HYDRA base where dad and the other super soldiers where kept.

Whilst Barnes and Steve were gearing up I send out a call to Pietro just incase we need some backup, I just hope he gets it.

As I walk over to Steve and Barnes I hear them talking about a trip they took to Coney Island back in their day.

Bucky: She's gotta be at least a hundred years old now.

Steve puts his hand on Bucky's shoulder.

Steve: So are we pal.

Bucky nods at this.

I walk past them.

Y/N: Alright old timers, let's do this.

The two smile and we leave the quinjet.

Once we get closer we see that the door to the base is open, and that means the doctor is already here.

Y/N: He can't have been here more than a few hours.

Bucky: That's long enough to wake them up.

The three of us go inside and head over to the elevator to get down to the lower levels.

Once the elevator stops Steve opens up the door then Bucky and I look around to make sure we don't get attacked by any super soldiers.

As we're heading up the steps infront of us we hear a bang from behind us.

We all turn.

Steve: You two ready?

Y/N & Bucky: Ready.

We then see the door start to open and see Tony in his suit come through the door. As he walks closer his helmet comes off his face.

Tony: You boys seem a little defensive.

Steve and I walk forward.

Steve: Well, it's been a long day.

Tony looks up at Barnes who's covering us from the steps.

Tony: At ease soldier, I'm not currently after you.

Y/N: Then what are you doing here Tony?

He looks to me.

Tony: Well Spidey, it turns out your story isn't so crazy. And I know you'll love to hear this Y/N, I was wrong and I'm sorry.

I smile at this.

Y/N: Man, I wish I had my phone so I could have recorded that.

Tony chuckles. He then leans against the wall.

Tony: Ross has no idea I'm here and I'd like to keep it that way. Otherwise I've gotta arrest myself.

I look at him and smirk.

Y/N: Well, that sounds like a lot of paperwork.

I take off my mask.

Y/N: It's good to see you Tony.

Tony: You too Y/N.

Tony then shakes his head.

Tony: Hey, Manchurian Candidate you're killing me here. This is a truce here, you can drop it.

Steve turns to Barnes.

Steve: You can drop it now.

Bucky reluctantly drops his gun.

I put my mask back on and the four of us head off to find where the super soldiers are being held.

While we head through the base Tony updates us on what's going on. It turns out that the doctor's real name Hemlut Zemo and he killed the real doctor that was supposed to be in Berlin.

As we continue to walk we enter the main holding room where we see that the other soldiers weren't in their cryo cells.

Zemo: If its any comfort, they were gone when I got here.

Bucky: What the hell?

Zemo: I'm grateful to them though. They brought you here.

A light then turns on and we see Zemo hiding behind a huge door.

Cap throws his shield but it bounces off the door.

Zemo: Please Captain. The Soviets built this door to withstand a blast of UR-100 rockets.

Tony: I'm betting I could beat that.

Zemo: I'm sure you could Mr. Stark. Given time. But then you'd never know why you came here.

I walk up to be face to face with Zemo.

Y/N: You killed innocent people in Vienna just to bring us here?

Zemo: I've thought of nothing else for over a year.

I then take off my mask.

Zemo studies me carefully.

Zemo: It's nice to finally come face to face with the Spectacular Spider-Man. As now that you are here I can ask you something I've wanted to know the answer to for a year now.

I tilt my head.

Y/N: And what would that be?

Zemo: Well, you were bitten by a spider yes? That's how you got your powers?

I nod.

Zemo: Why'd it choose you? That spider could have bitten anyone. What made you so special?

I look at Zemo and smirk.

Y/N: Nothing.

Zemo tilts his head in confusion.

Y/N: I'm just a kid from Brooklyn.

He then smirks at me.

Zemo: Well then, "Just a kid from Brooklyn." Let's see how you do in a real test.

A door opens up to the left of us.

Zemo: Mr. L/N head through that door and see what the test is.

I look at the entrance.

Steve: He's not doing this.

Zemo: Oh but he is Captain.

I look to Steve.

Y/N: It's okay Cap. I got this.

He nods.

Steve: Okay, just be careful.

Tony: Good luck kid.

Y/N: Thanks Tony.

I look to Barnes then he nods to me and I nod back.

I go over to the entrance and breathe in heavily before walking in.

As I walk down a hallway I make it to another door at the end of the hall and open it.

Once I'm through I'm outside of the base in the snowy atmosphere of Siberia.

Everything is quiet, too quiet.

Y/N: What the hell is going on?

Then out of nowhere I get kicked in the face and this knocks me to the ground.

When I look up I see that the five super soldiers we can here to stop were out here waiting for me. They must be under Zemo's control now.

Y/N: Well this ain't good.

I stand to my feet and put my mask back on.

I then get into a fighting stance.

Y/N: Okay Y/N, it's safe to say you're fucked.