Chapter 8: Who Are You?

Y/N's P.O.V

I was currently at home after a long day of fighting crime, then out of nowhere I get a call from Natasha.

Y/N: Hey, Nat, what's up?

Natasha: Y/N, are you at home?

Y/N: Yeah, why?

Natasha: Turn on the TV and look at the news, any channel.

I go down to the living room and turn the news on. And I see a report of some sort of thing attacking people on Brooklyn Bridge.

Natasha: Your seeing what's happening right?

Y/N: Yeah, I'm on it.

I go up to my room and change into my suit and swing over to Brooklyn Bridge.

Once I get to Brooklyn Bridge I get in contact with Zach.

Y/N: Zach, you seeing what I'm seeing?

Zach: Yeah, I'm seeing it, still can't believe I'm seeing it, but I'm seeing it. What does it look like up close?

Y/N: Okay, good. Just checking I wasn't seeing things. And it looks like some sort lizard.

Zach: So, what you gonna do?

Y/N: I'm gonna go down there and try and stop it from killing anyone.

Zach: Okay, good plan. Good luck.

Y/N: Thanks.

I jump down and swing into the thing before it has a chance to throw a car.

Y/N: INCOMING!

I kick the thing and catch the car and put it back down on the ground.

The lizard then starts picking up cars and throwing them over the side of the bridge. But I manage use my webs to catch the cars and attach them to the side of bridge.

When I turn around to fight the thing it starts screaming and runs away.

Y/N: Well, so much for that fight.

I then hear someone screaming.

Civilian: Help! Someone help my kid is trapped!

I then realise that a kid is trapped in one of the cars that hanging over the edge.

I swing over and land on the back of the car the I rip the back window off so I can reach the kid.

Kid: Help!!

Y/N: Hey, hey. It's okay.

Kid: Get away, help!

Y/N: Hey, hey look.

I pull off my mask.

Y/N: See, I'm just a normal guy. You want to hold on to this? Here hold on to my mask.

I drop the mask and the kid catches it.

Y/N: So, what's your name?

I look down at his bag and it has the name "Jack" on it.

Y/N: Hey, Jack.

Jack: Yes?

Y/N: Let's get you outta here.

I crawl into the car and grab onto the setbelt.

Y/N: Okay, I'm gonna rip this off then I'm gonna catch you. You ready?

He nods.

Y/N: Okay, 1, 2, 3.

I rip off the belt and catch Jack.

Y/N: See how easy that was? Good job buddy.

The car then catches fire, this causes the web holding the car to snap. I shoot out another web to attach to the bridge so I can catch the car.

Y/N: Jack, climb, now.

Jack: I can't.

Y/N: Yes you can. Put on the mask it'll make you strong. Go ahead put it.

Jack puts on the mask.

Y/N: That's it buddy, just climb up here.

Jack starts climbing up the car.

The bumper of the car then rips off and the car starts to fall.

Y/N: No!!

I mange to shoot out a web and catch Jack.

I breathe a sigh of relief knowing that the kid was still alive.

I pull Jack up to me and he gives me back my mask and I put it back on. We then get back to the top of the bridge where Jack's dad was waiting.

Jack's dad then hugs his son tight.

Jack's dad: Oh thank god your okay. Thank god.

His dad then turns to look at me.

Jack's dad: Who are you?

I think for a moment.

Y/N: I'm Spider-Man.

I then smile under my mask before swinging off.

(An hour later)

I'm now in my room with Nat and Zach telling them about what happened on the bridge.

Natasha: So, what was it exactly?

Y/N: It was big, way too big to be human. It looked like a lizard.

Zach: The Lizard. That's a good nickname.

He then spins around in the chair away from the computer.

Zach: Well, after telling that guy that your name is Spider-Man, the news is now calling you the Spectacular Spider-Man.

Nat and I look at each other and shrug.

Y/N: That could be worse.

Natasha: Yeah it could be. Well, I've gotta get going and report back to S.H.I.E.L.D.

She then comes over to me and hugs me.

Natasha: You did good tonight.

Y/N: Thanks.

Nat then leaves.

Zach: So, what are we gonna do about the Lizard?

Y/N: I don't know. We find it and put a stop to whatever it plans to do next.

Zach nods and he and I get to work on locating the Lizard.

Third person prospective

We now see Dr. Connors turn back into himself back at his lair he just finished constructing after bing the Lizard for a few more hours.

He now plans to use an Oscorp device to make more people into lizards like him.

Lizard (inside Connors head): No one will get in our way Connors, not even that spider pest.