Chapter 34: The Black Widow Returns

(The next day)

Y/N's P.O.V

So I'm currently on my way to Maya's office as her boss, Martin Li is planning a surprise for her birthday.

(A/N: So in my version of this story Martin Li is Maya's boss at the newspaper she works for. I did this as I thought it'd be the best way to work him into the story.)

I make it to the office and I see Mr. Li standing watching Maya work from a distance.

Y/N: Hey, Martin, sorry I'm late.

Martin: Don't worry about it, you're right on time. You just go over there and distract her, whilst we finish setting up.

Y/N: Okay, got it.

I walk over to Maya.

Y/N: Ah, there's the most important woman in my life.

Maya turns to see me.

Maya: Y/N! Hey.

She hugs me and then pulls away.

Maya: What are you doing here?

Y/N: Well there's something I need to talk to you about.

Maya: Okay, what is it? Is it money problems?

Y/N: What? No, no. I mean I'm a little behind on rent, but I'm okay.

Maya: Is it girl problems again?

Y/N: What? No.

Maya: I still wish you and Natasha would hurry up and get together already. She's an amazing girl.

Y/N: Yeah, I know and you're right she is. It's just we're both really busy.

Maya: I'm just saying. The two of you would make some beautiful babies...

Y/N: Woah Maya!!

She then shakes her head.

Maya: Y/N, what's going on?

She and I then sit down.

Y/N: Ever since mum died you've always been there for me, even before that. You helped me through college and sacrificed so much. I just wish there was more people like you.

Martin: He's right. Five years ago you walked into my office and told me you wanted to use the power of the news to inspire and benefit others. Well now it's you who inspires me. Here to more years of service.

(Forty five minutes later)

As the party was starting to wind down I get a text from Yuri saying that there was a break in at the auction house.

Once I make it there I make my way inside without tripping any of the alarms.

I then look down from the vent to see the person who works there being threatened by guys with weird looking masks and guns.

After leaving and taking down the bad guys silently and crawling around the vents I climb out and land in the back room.

As I'm walking around I look over to see a veery familiar looking weapon.

It looked like Natasha's widow stinger.

Y/N: No way. This definitely belongs to...

Natasha's P.O.V

As I'm sneaking around I leave my stinger around as a distraction. But hear someone speak.

???: Don't move.