Chapter 10: Telling The Truth

(Three days later)

Y/N's P.O.V

So it's been three days since I found out that my boss was the Lizard and that he planned on turning the whole of New York it to lizard's.

Zach, Nat and I have been searching for him but we've found nothing, we're assuming he has another hidden lair that he's hiding in but there's no confirmation on that.

Another problem is that my family are starting to become suspicious of me, especially Maya she was really pissed off at me yesterday as I was supposed to help her put with a story she was doing, but being Spider-Man got in the way.

After that I realised that I needed to tell her the truth, I've kept from her long enough and she deserves to know, especially since I tell her everything.

I just hope she doesn't tell dad as that would be awkward for me, then again she's a reporter telling the truth is in her job description.

As I'm thinking of the best way to tell her I hear the front door open.

Maya: Y/N, dad I'm home.

I head downstairs to see her setting up some of her work that she brought home.

Y/N: Hey.

Maya: Hi.

We sit in an awkward silence for a moment.

Y/N & Maya: I'm sorry I...

We both laugh.

Y/N: You go first.

Maya: I'm sorry I snapped at you yesterday, after our argument I realised that sometimes you have things that you need to keep to yourself, and as your sister I need to respect that. I just hope you understand I was only like that because I wanted to protect you.

Y/N: Yeah, I know, but I was wrong. I only keep what I was doing yesterday a secret because I was trying to protect you, but I realised that maybe the best way to protect you is to tell you the truth.

Maya: Okay.

Y/N: But I hope you'll be willing to keep it a secret too and, I hope you'll understand why I kept it a secret for this long.

Maya: Okay, I will keep an open mind. So, what is it?

Y/N: I'll show you.

(A/N: So before I continue I want you guys to guess where I got the idea to reavel the reader's identity to Maya from. I'll give you a clue. It's from a superhero TV show. Put your guess in the comments and I'll let you know if your right. This is for a bit of fun btw.)

I take her hand and lead her up to my room. When we walk in I have a mannequin with a sheet over it.

Maya points to the mannequin in the middle of the room.

Maya: What's that?

Y/N: It's what I wanted to show you.

I walk over to the mannequin and pull the sheet off to reveal my Spider-Man suit.

Maya: Oh my god.

I walk behind her so she can get a good look at the suit.

Y/N: I know this might not mean much, and you have no reason to believe me when I say this. But I lied about this these past few months to protect you.

Maya: You're him. You're Spider-Man.

Y/N: Yeah.

Maya: That night on the Brooklyn Bridge with that thing. That was you fighting it.

I nod my head to this.

She was silent for a moment, then she spoke up.

Maya: All those times I got so mad at you for being a flake, or telling me something that I knew had to be a lie.

She turns to face me.

Maya: You were saving someone's life.

She sighs.

Maya: Thank you.

Maya hugs me. I just smile knowing I didn't have to hide this from her anymore.

(An hour later)

So I spent the last hour telling Maya about how I got bit by the spider, Zach and uncle Tommy knowing, about Natalie Rushman being Natasha Romanoff and telling her about S.H.I.E.L.D and about Dr. Connors being the Lizard and his plan.

Maya: Wow.

Y/N: Yeah, it's a lot to take in, so take a minute.

Maya: So, I'm guessing dad doesn't know.

Y/N: Well, he's trying to arrest me and put me in jail so no, no he doesn't.

Maya: Yeah that makes sense.

Maya: If mum was still around would you have told her?

I think for a moment.

Y/N: Yeah, probably.

Maya: She'd be really proud of you.

Y/N: (Smiling) That's what uncle Tommy said.

Maya: Well, he's right.

I nod.

Maya: So, how are you gonna stop Connors master plan?

Y/N: Honestly I have no idea. I guess try and stop him before he can complete it. But if you're willing I could use the extra help.

She smiles.

Maya: Sure, whatever you need.

Y/N: Thanks. I appreciate it.

My phone starts to ring.

Y/N: Oh, one second.

I pick up the phone and it's Zach on the other end he says that the Lizard was spotted stealing more equipment from Oscorp.

My eyes widen.

Maya: What's wrong?

Y/N: Connors he's stolen more equipment from Oscorp.

Maya: Go. Just be careful.

I nod then run upstairs to suit up.

I then swing over to Oscorp in hopes of catching Connors before he hurts anyone.

(A/N: So good luck with the guessing game. Again I allow did this because I was curious to see if any of you can guess where its from.)