CHAPTER 8 - THE SLAVE GIRL

For the passed two weeks Naofumi is now level 4, thanks to Mash's training his attacks were able to increase, but he still think it's not enough. Oh by the way I told him what my true level was a while back, and because of that he became more determined on getting stronger. Well not everything is bad news to him. He was able to create herbal potions with guidance of Merlin of course.

Currently, it was night time and we are now on our way back home. Mash didn't joined us so it's just me, Naofumi, Jeanne, Merlin, and Gilgamesh. It was rare that Gilgamesh joined with us. Usually, he would stay at home working and gather information from the Shadow.

Naofumi stopped for a moment. And faced us.

"I'm sorry Ritsuka-san, even though I worked harder. My attacks are still weak, I couldn't help much at all."

"You don't have to apologize. You worked hard everyday to make it this far. It's nothing ashamed of."

I said to him.

"She is right you know. We already have seen how much work you put into. I pray that you will get stronger someday."

Jeanne said to him.

"Even though your a free loader. You have proven yourself useful."

Gilgamesh said.

"You see even Gilgamesh sees that."

I said to him.

"But I can't always rely on you. You've don't enough so much to me. So that's why I decided to find a companion of my own."

"Companion?"

"No matter how I try to get my attacks stronger. It's still to weak."

I can only look at him.

'I wish I could help him, but there is nothing I can do.'

Suddenly someone appeared.

"Looks like you're facing quite a predicament."

"""""?"""""

We turned towards to the source

We turned towards to the source. A strange man wears a circus ringmaster's tuxedo, glasses with a small chain attached, white alchemist gloves, long top hat, and a red bow tie with a small diamond brooch in its center.

'He looks mysterious and a weirdo.'

But Naofumi decides to ignore him.

""I don't have enough manpower.""

The old man said mimicking him.

""I can't defeat any monsters.""

He continued mimicking him.

"If that's the case, then I have something just for you, kind sir."
"And here's where you're gonna advertise some companionship service to me, right?"