24: Sun Goes Down

The path to Cecelia was lit profusely and the place was decorated with food, drinks, and photos. Our close friends from school and those who went on the trip with us were present as well. Leon gave me a flower necklace, and as I walked to Cecelia, I took time to admire the pictures she had put on strings and surrounding the path. Soft guitar music was playing, and I struggled to keep back the tears as I made my way to her.

She was wearing a white dress with a flower crown, and she had a box in her hand. Behind her was a white screen, and when I finally reached her, I hugged her tight, tears falling as everyone else clapped.

"Hawaiian theme?" I muttered, my head on her shoulder, "For me?"

"This is for you." She whispered, letting go and cupping my face in her hands, "All for you baby."

She wiped the tears away, and took the mic, giving me one long kiss as she then stood by the projector. She motioned for me to look down, and I noticed I was standing in a heart made of tulips. I gave Leon a look, and he smiled at me.

Before Cece could start speaking, I remembered her present. JJ and I had made one last stop before coming here, and I had to give the present to her.

"Cece!" I yelled, and ran up to her, holding her in my arms, "Before you start, I have a present for you."

"Isn't that present later babe?" She winked, but frowned when I kept my face serious.

"No, I have to give it to you now." I removed my bag and rummaged through it. When I finally found what I was looking for, I took it out. Taking the bag out, I handed it to her.

She put the mic down and looked inside. Pulling out a pair of white headphones, she looked at me confused.

"You're right, Cece. I had connected a pair of headphones with a sweet memory because someone I loved gave them to me. Someone I cared about, someone I needed in my life. So I thought, why not do the same to my lover?" I shrugged, taking out mine, "They're from the same brand, and I made sure to handpick this for you, with JJ of course. So you could remember that there's someone that loves you out there, and that someone is me."

Her eyes began to water and I motioned for her to check inside again. She took out a tiny box, and inside were 2 necklaces, each having half of a heart on them. She smiled at it, then took out the necklaces. I took one half and did the honors of putting it on her.

Once I was done, she put the other half on me, and we just stood there, without saying a word. Our make-up was ruined because of the crying already, and before any of us could speak, a tap was heard.

'I don't really understand this life, and why we're all here...'

We turned to the screen, and videos of Cece and I started playing. From the time me and her were friends, to the time we became lovers. The silly videos, the cute ones, and the unaware ones. I subconsciously linked hands with her and she gave my hand a small squeeze.

The video continued, and suddenly everyone was singing along. I yelped as Nathan  lifted me up, placing me on his shoulders while Leon carried Cecelia on his shoulders.

'I hope I make you feel better too...cause I definitely feel better with you.'

The song stopped and they put us down. Cecelia's face came into view, and she tapped the camera.

"Hi, hello! If you're watching this part of the video, it may mean there was an interruption of the schedule and now I'll have to speak on here. Or, maybe I'm now shy. But anyways, guys, this may be one of the last times we'll see each other in a very long time. With Derek and Jessica already gone, we're now short of our usual squad. But don't fret, just because they're gone, doesn't mean they're forgotten. They keep in touch with every one of us, in fact, they'll be back soon." Cece smiled, "I had a bit of help from my friends to make the garden Hawaiian theme. Why? Because we all had the time of our lives there, and maybe reliving it would help us remember where we came from, and where we're going. It was originally supposed to be for Yvonne alone, but I guess it's for all of us now. A little memory to hold."

"Yvonne Brown, I love you. I can't tell you how much I do. I can't express how much I do. But just know that I fucking love you. You'll always be my baby, whether you like it or not." Everyone laughed at that part, and I squeezed her hand, "To everyone who helped in making this happen, to those who came, thank you so fricking much. I appreciate each and every one of you. You're absolutely amazing. To more adventures, and cheers!"

The video stopped playing, and we all cheered. I hugged Cecelia so tight she was wheezing. I then let go and kissed her face a thousand times, before another voice was heard.

"Is this thing on? Jess!" Derek's face showed on the screen, and then Jessica's face, "Babe, is it on?"

Jess nodded, "I think it is."

"Oh, alright." He then faced us, "Hey everybody! The party couldn't go on without the guest of honor speaking you know? A little something to say about these blooming couples, and then we'll enjoy on behalf of you, isn't that right babe?" He gave Jess a wink, and she laughed, "So, about a year ago, I made a bet with two of my buddies. It was very successful for Leon, and then successful for Cecelia. I was there for Leon and Nathan's anniversary, but I couldn't be there for Cecelia's. Well, physically at least."

"So I'm sure you all know that Cecelia and I once dated. But you don't know that being friends first always makes it better. We were friends first, and when we started having eyes for other people, we let go of each other in that way. But the care and love for one another never stopped. I wanted to see her happy, I always want to see my best friends happy. So, I gave her the bet realizing that she liked Yvonne. Now little did I know that Jessi over here had talked to Yvonne before the bet, confirming her feelings for you. So trust me Cecelia, I knew what the fuck I was doing."

Cece gave me a side look, and I purposely avoided her gaze.

"But you know what? It all worked out right? So Leon Turtle told me that you were going to have a Hawaiian theme party, and I thought, why not talk about  the catalyst that started your relationship? And I am not talking about Hawaii, Cece, I'm talking about your take on the bet. You were confident, strong, and stupid at the same time. But hey, look at you know, celebrating your anniversary today, and I'm not there for obvious reasons. But I want you to know that I love you and will always be there for you, Jessi does too. So enjoy your anniversary, and see you soon!" Him and Jessica waved, and the screen shut off.

Cecelia was crying, and Leon, Nathan, JJ and I comforted her with a group hug, leading to the rest gushing over the sheer love we had for one another.

When she was okay, the party began.

~~~~~~~~~~

The rest decided to take care of the things and clean up, allowing Cece and I to have some alone time.

We walked the garden a bit, hand in hand, and she suddenly stopped.

"Listen, I know we might be going to different colleges  soon and we won't be with each other physically, but I just wanted to let you know how much you mean to me." She said, "I-"

I shut her up with a kiss.

Yes, it was true. We were all going to college and may be going our separate ways. We might end up like star-crossed lovers, we might end up breaking up with each other, or hell, we might even end up like Derek and Jessica.

But that didn't matter at all right now. What mattered was that I was in my lover's arms, holding her, caressing her, and being with her. And that's all that's important to me.

"Cherish the moment," I whispered to her, holding her tight in my arms, "Cherish the moment."

THE END