23: The Last Recording.

Yvonne, welcome to the last recording.

Now, I need you to leave the house, step outside. Your getaway drivers will be waiting to take you to your destination. Pause the recording, and when you get into Leon's car, play.

I quickly packed my bag, and then looked at myself in the mirror. I had a simple black crop top and a pair of black tights. My hair was tied into a long ponytail, and I only put a bit of eyeshadow to highlight my eyes. Nodding to myself, I put my denim jacket on, and take my bag and leave.

Rushing down the stairs, I manage to grab an apple and say goodbye to my mother. Getting out the door, I'm met with Nathan, who bows.

"Milady." He says, and looks at the apple, "Why-"

"I didn't eat, okay?" I put my bag on my back, "I'm hungry."

"Can I see this?" He asks, stretching his hand out for the apple, which I give.

He takes one look at it, and then throws it as far as he can. I give him a stern glare as Leon honks the car.

"Sorry, but your not eating now." He shrugs, "Oh yeah, here."

He hands me a letter, and I look at it. Opening it up, I see Cecelia's handwriting.

Cranberry, cranberry, need I say more?

-Cece

The car honked once again, and I sigh, putting the letter in my jacket's pocket and getting inside the car.

Leon turns to look at me, "Yvonne?"

"Yeah?"

"You're welcome." He winks, and turns back, starting the engine as I place my headphones on my head and press play once again.

Now I want to remind you of the first day we met. You were sitting in the cafeteria, your plate of food untouched. You had ordered a muffin doused in cranberry sauce, and had a blueberry pie right next to it. I mean, since I'm making you leave quite early, might as well pay for your meal.

At Rocco's, you'll find your first clue. The second you arrive there, you shall pause the recording. This is important for you, and what you find there will help you find out your next destination.

Once again, I trust you, Yvonne. I trust you.

I paused the recording as soon as we reached Rocco's, and made my way out of the car. Going to the table the gang sits on usually, I found a parcel. Nathan and Leon stood besides me as I opened it.

Inside was a muffin, and a piece of cake. The cake had cranberry, and the muffin was blueberry. Next to the goods was a note.

I miss school, I mean, that's where we first met, right?
-Cece

I quickly closed the box, realizing the next destination. Plata Highschool.

Bolting out the restaurant I entered the car quickly, and closed the door. Leon and Nathan entered too, with Leon kick-starting the engine. I began to eat the muffin as I waited for him.

"Where to?" He asked me.

"Plata Highschool." I said firmly.

"You sure?" Nathan checked on me, "Our old highschool?"

I nodded, and after a word of hesitation, he took my word for it.

~~~~~~~~~~

Upon arrival at the Highschool, I stepped out and noticed Jameela on the steps, sitting casually. She was wearing a black familiar jumpsuit, one I was certain I had seen before, and I went to hug her. She hugged back and squeezed me tight, before handing me a letter.

"I really didn't think you were apart of this." I said, opening the letter.

"Well, I am." She pointed to the car, "Don't forget to say goodbye to them."

"Wait, what-"

Leon and Nathan sped off, and before I could run after them, JJ held me, restraining me from moving.

"NO!!" I yelled, "MY CAKE WAS IN THERE!"

JJ struggled to keep in her laughter, and released me. She motioned for me to open it, and I did.

I fucking love ice cream. And to add to your pleasure, I think there's a pleasant surprise at the ice cream parlor. Go ahead and check it out, but don't forget to listen to the recording.
-Cece.

"Well shit." I cussed, "How the fuck am I supposed to reach the parlor now?"

"It's not that far from here, we can walk there." JJ suggested, before checking the time, "Actually, I think we'd rather run there."

"What is going on JJ?!" I asked her as she placed my headphones back on my ears.

"Trust me, and let's go. Play the recording, and we'll run to the parlor." She nodded, "Let's go."

I pressed play, and ran with Jameela.

Alright, I'm assuming you're going to the next destination.

If Leon and Nathan did as I fucking asked, then you'll be fine. You'll make it there on time. And they left you because I needed some time. Lol, sorry love.

Now, this is the second from last destination. Then after that, Jameela and her other friend will lead you to your last destination. Please take your time at the parlor, I ordered that shit with pride.

Pause the audio.

After practically sprinting like wild people, we finally stumbled into the parlor. I looked at the cashier, and she looked back at me confused.

"Order for Yvonne." JJ practically breathed out, "From Cecelia White."

The cashier knew who I was apparently, and gave me the order. It was a strawberry smoothie with a scone.

"Since you didn't have a proper meal, here you go." JJ smiled, "Strawberry with a hint of cinnamon, which is probably the weirdest choice for a smoothie is."

"Oh shut up." I smiled, and played the audio again as we left the parlor.

Walk to the place we made another friend of ours dreams come true. The place where we first linked arms. The place where you love to watch the sunset with me, especially since the place gets so beautifully aesthetic. Maybe it's because of the flowers there, or because a special friend of ours calls it something cute, something cheesy, something weird.

And here, my love, is the end of the recording. Now, come to me, baby.

Cecelia.

JJ gavee a huge grin as I looked up at the sky, which was already getting dark, then back to the phone.

I removed my headphones, and asked JJ to put them in my bag along with my phone. She did, and when she was done, she held my hand.

"Where are we going now?" She asked, as if she didn't know already.

"The garden, Jameela." I replied bravely, "The garden of Eden."

~~~~~~~~~~~

By the time we got there, the sun was already setting. JJ stopped by the gate, and came behind me and put her hands above my eyes.

"Again?" I asked, rolling my eyes anyway.

"Yup." She chuckled, "Now, trust me."

Nodding, she began to lead me. We walked carefully, and before I could fathom what was happening, her hot breath fanned my ear.

"Baby." She whispered.

"Cece.." I mumbled, "Can I open my eyes."

"Wait." I heard shuffling in the background, and I waited patiently.

"Open your eyes." Jameela said, and when she lifted her hands up, I gasped.