2: Recording 1

After paying the waiter at Rocco's, I stood up and exited the restaurant. I stood and watched bystanders pass, and I looked at the headphones around my neck; should I really start listening to the recordings now? Or should I wait?

After an intense debate in my mind, I decided to pull up my headphones and listen to the first one. Looking at my phone, I promptly open it, and immediately press the recording titled, 'Day 1', and I began walking home.

Yvonne, it's me, Cecelia. If you're listening to this recording, you're probably wondering what's going on. These aren't the recordings I originally recorded last year, these are renovated and different.

Knowing you, you're probably on your way home. I know that you like to walk most of the time to listen to music and get lost in your thoughts, and if you are, then I'm the best girlfriend in the world.

I'm not gonna waste your time on the first one, I just want to lay out the basics. I want you to listen to these recordings while you jog in the morning, while you run, even before you go to bed. I want you to remember these recordings as memories so we can tell our children when we grow up, I want you to blush everytime you think of these recordings.

Okay, I'm rambling. Now, you shall listen to one per day, and I outlined when. I explained when you should listen to them because I know that's when your mind is really clear. So, here's our first memory together.

I want you to go to that happy place in your mind, and then back to the day we first met. It was in a cafeteria, and it was a whole accident. A perfect accident though. The way you fit in with us so perfectly, the way you spoke, the outfit you wore. Now I don't remember what you wore, but all I know was that it was stylish as fuck, but you hear that from me most of the time.

Now, I know you don't know what I was thinking the first time I met you. Well, I'm about to tell you. I wondered how I never noticed you before, I wondered how you could speak volumes in the loudest room with your silence. I wanted to know how you could tune out the entire world. I wanted to get to know you better.

If you're smiling at this right now, don't. These recordings get better each and every day. And I just gave you one entire clue to my big surprise on our anniversary. I hope you were paying attention.

I love you, my choco chip.

The recording ended there, and I was smiling so hard that my cheeks hurt. As I entered the house, I saw my mom, who looked confused as hell.

"You good?" She asked.

I grinned even harder, "You have no idea."