9: Recording 8

Our first hug.

Now sister girl, that hug meant a lot to me. Now I'm not saying the side hugs or the hug you give to someone you just saw or the one you give your friend first thing in the morning at school. I mean the time you hugged me because you needed someone to comfort you.

Yvonne, spoiler alert, I'm about to make you fucking cry.

It was when you poured your heart out to me. We were on the floor, you had pictures of you and your dad on the floor, and you were hugging your knees. You hadn't been in school that day, and I had come to find you.

Seeing you like that shattered my heart, Yvonne. Seeing the strongest girl bawling her eyes out was a sight for sore eyes, and I wanted to take away all the pain from you, because you didn't deserve it. No good person deserves pain.

It was the first time you told me about things you wouldn't tell anyone else. The first time we became closer than friends. The first time I felt my gut telling me that this was right.

We hugged, and to be honest, I don't know if you were hugging me, or if I was hugging you. I don't know if I was comforting you, or if you were comforting me. And maybe I'll never know.

It was the first time you opened up to me, and it's not the hug I'm talking about. I swear on my life it is not the fucking hug. I'm talking about the pure reliance, the love, the trust.

And as I finish this recording, I'm sure you've already guessed what the next clue is.