Scene 26

After school.

Everyone is boarding the bus. We then see Ava step out of the car. She has her natural curls, no dark makeup or clothes, but instead a sundress.

Everyone’s jaw drops.

James: Wow Ava! You look beautiful.

Ava: Thanks Mr. James, if it weren’t for you, I would have never decided to take a look at myself and re-evaluate the choices that I made, for that, thank you so much.

James: You’re welcome sweetheart, but it seems like you have an admirer.

Julian walks over to Ava.

Julian: Hey Ava, you look extraordinary.

Ava: Thank you, I want to say that I am sorry for acting like a total bitch to you, you didn’t deserve that, you don’t deserve a girl like me, I’m sure you’re going to make a girl very lucky one day.

Julian: Baby girl, these past couple of weeks, I have fallen in love with this sarcastic, beautiful, independent, young woman. I wouldn’t want any other girl in the world but you, OK?

Ava: Shut up and kiss me.

Ava pulls Julian closer and kisses him.

Everyone claps.

Pamela: Hey, Hey, that’s enough! Ava! Stop that baby making.

They board the bus and leave.

                             Play-off game.

Jesse is dribbling and passes it to Aiden, who goes for a lay up and makes it.

Cameron steals the ball and shoots a three. Swish!

Jeremiah gets fouled. He keeps thinking of Isabella who is cheering on the side. He brings the ball in and passes it to Jesse.

Jesse fakes and passes it backs to Jeremiah who runs up and slams dunks the ball.

The crowd cheers. Isabella looks at him and smiles. The boys win 71-64.

They shower in the locker rooms and change into their choir clothes. They rush to Jesse and Katrina’s cars. They drive to the competition.