Scene 6

Auditions in Auditorium.

James: I appreciate your help with the auditions Kodi.

Kodi: No problem Mr. Williams, I like to help teachers reach their full potential and unlock the gre….

James: Ok! Thank you all for coming to the auditions for the (Name of the school) choir. We can only have 18 members to join the choir, so good luck to everyone and the results will be posted on the bulletin board on Monday.

(As the auditions go, we will have those who cannot sing mixed in with the main characters who come up and audition).

Madison walk onto the stage proudly, ready to show her incredible voice.

James: Hello, tell us your name, what song you will be singing, and what made you want to try out.

Madison: Hello, my name is Madison Elizabeth Adams I will be singing “Defying Gravity” from the hit Broadway musical, Wicked, it has been my dream to go to Juliard, study theatre, become an aspiring actress/singer who…..

Kodi hits the play button.

She sings.

As she is singing, Kodi is mouthing all the words.

James: You know this song Kodi?

Kodi: Yes sir, Chichi and I have seen it on Broadway several times. Here is the best part.

Madison hits a high note and the song is over.

Everyone claps.

Cameron stands up and claps loudly.

Cameron: That’s bae!

Everyone stares at him. He sits down.

We have bad singers come up and sing.

Four boys walk up to the stage.

James: Hello boys! Tell me your names, the song you will be singing, and what made you want to audition for the choir?

Kyle: I’m Kyle.

Austin: I’m Austin.

Darrian: I’m Darrian.

Jamal: I’m Jamal.

All: And we are Mindless.

Kyle: We heard that you guys had an audition for a choir.

Austin: And since we already have our group formed, we thought we could give you some talent.