Scene 19

At the party.

Cameron and Madison are dancing. Ava and Julian are talking. The Harrison sisters and Mindless are talking. Aiden and Alexis are kissing. Jeremiah is trying to talk to Isabella.

Jeremiah: Isabella, stop!

Isabella stops and turns around.

Isabella:  how could you do that to me, huh, I’m not one of those girls that you can use and dump whenever you want, and you made me look like a fool in my own house.

Jeremiah: Why are you tripping, I can’t believe you fall in love over one little kiss.

Isabella slaps him.

Isabella: That’s for leading me on, asshole.

Jeremiah: She didn’t mean anything to me.

Isabella: And you didn’t mean anything to me.

She walks upstairs to her room.

Jesse is singing “Ah Yeah” as Kodi watches from the top of the stairs.

Kevin walks up the stairs.

Kevin: Wassup little bro!

Kodi: Just watching the party with Chichi.

Kevin: Who?

Kodi picks up Chichi, Kevin cringes.

Kevin: What is that thing?

Kodi: Chichi is a hairless sphinx cat, since we watched everything on Netflix and saved the world from the joker, we decided to watch the party.

Kevin: Why aren’t you down there?

Kodi: Jesse and Isabella believe that I’m too young to be down there. They don’t want to have to watch me while they have fun.

Kevin: I got something for that.

Kevin goes downstairs. He gets two drinks and puts alcohol in with the fruit punch for Kodi’s drink. He heads back upstairs and hands Kodi the drink.

Kodi: I don’t drink, it can ruin your liver, not to mention, causing amnesia of last night’s occurrences, Jesse said that’s how I was born.

Kevin: Bro chill, this is Fruit Punch.

Kodi: But I’m not supposed to have sugar after 9.

Kevin: Just drink.

Kodi drinks. He coughs.

Kodi: That shit good, give me more.

An evil smile appears on Kevin’s face.

Jesse and Katrina are slow dancing.

Katrina: This is an amazing party babe!

Jesse: Thanks, I couldn’t have done have pulled this off without you.

Katrina: Oh really?

Jesse: Yeah, we’ve been through so much together these last three years. Remember when I snuck into your room.

Katrina laughs.

Jesse: Or when our parents first met.

Katrina: Our moms could not stand each other.

Jesse: Or when I kissed you under the bleachers 7th grade year.

Katrina: And you told me we would be together forever. I wouldn’t change that time for anything the world.

Jesse: I wouldn’t either.

Katrina: But what about college in two years? I want to go to Spellman.

Jesse: And I’m going to go to Morehouse, so we can be together.

Katrina: Is it that easy? What if we break up, so many things can happen in two years.

Jesse: I would have to die before we break up, I will make sure we survive these two years together, I love you Katrina Sanford.

Katrina: I love you Jesse Miller.

They kiss.

                      Outside the restaurant.

Vanessa: I really did enjoy tonight!

James: I did too, but hey, it doesn’t have to end, how about we go see a movie?

Vanessa: I don’t know, with the kids being home alone, I have to get home.

James: No! Why don’t you let me call them and ask for their permission?

Vanessa: You are such a gentleman, why are you single?

James: I have no clue!

James calls again, he calls Isabella, and then Kodi but it all goes to voicemail. James walks back over to Vanessa.

James: Well Ms. Miller, it looks like I can keep you out a little longer.