Scene 10

Hospital.

James: Hey Ma, how is she?

Evelyn: She’s fine, she just been resting.

James walks over to Kayla.

He strokes her hair and pushes it back.

Doctor: Hello Mr. James.

James: Hey Doc, how is she?

Doctor: Well so far the tumor is growing at an alarming rate. I do not want to alarm you, but the sooner we can get the financial situation out of the way, the sooner we can operate, did you want to co-pay?

James: I don’t even had $50 to my name, especially with tuition that I have to pay off, bills, but believe me, this is my number one priority right now.

Doctor: I understand, believe me I do, but at the rate of the tumor, she may have less than 2 weeks.

James: I will get the money.

Doctor: I have to go, but you have my card, please call and let me know, you folks have a nice day.

Doctor leaves the room.

Evelyn: Now James, I can see about pulling my retirement fund, I have $45,000 saved away; we can get a loan for the rest.

James: I’m not borrowing you’re money and I’ve tried loans. Nobody would approve me especially since I’m in debt already from tuition.

Evelyn: Then all we can do as of right now is pray.

He walks over to Kayla to kiss her forehead.

                      Morning- Miller’s House.

Vanessa leaves for work. Jesse leaves Kodi again, and Isabella gets a ride.

                                    School.

Principal Stone is on the intercom.

Principal Stone: Do not forget to congratulate Alexis Cortez for winning President of the student body.

Everyone claps.

Ava: How did that bitch win?

Kodi: Because she’s popular, all of the guys like her, and they really wanted that smoothie bar.

Ava: She cares nothing about the school. She just wanted the position so that she can stay on top of the whore list at this school…. Kodi…. Kodi!