"Mistress, what are you doing?" One of the healers asked nervously.

"Abscondeo!" Shimmering water shot from her hands and slowly encased Isaac in a bubble. Lilith then passed her hand over him and mumbled, "Habitus. Buying us some time. I need to find where they are hiding and get my book back. Isaac is not dying at the hands of those monsters!"

She started towards the door, but I stopped her. Her blazing amber eyes narrowed at me. "I know where they are hiding! When I woke up, I was in Ravenwood Manor!" I blurted out.

Lilith's eyes widened in shock at the revelation for a moment, before quickly shaking her head. "They would have moved by now. Do not worry, I will find them and I will bring Isaac back to us. Healers, come with me." She gently touched my cheek in reassurance then left silently with the healers.

I recalled the house I woke up in. It was heavily lived in, and they seemed comfortable. What if they didn't move? What if they were still there? The book could be there...

"Mistress, we should get you back to your room. You need rest to recover." Ember gently guided me out of the room. I looked back at Isaac. He still floated motionlessly above his bed in the bubble. Lilith had said it would buy them time. But how much? My stomach thirsted into knots at the thought of losing Isaac. I had only just gotten to know him better. How long has it been since I found myself here? I have to get back to Ravenwood. I have a feeling the book was there.

It has to be.

"Have you ever seen the book Lilith mentioned, Ember?" I asked tentatively.

She nodded. "Oh, yes. It was a big black tome with a raven on it. Why do you ask?"

"Just wondering," I said. I knew I had to get back to the manor and find it. What if it was there? Lilith was never going to look, and Isaac... He can't die! It was my fault he got bitten. I have to do something! Ember eased me onto my bed and called up for some food. She told me to rest and eat so that I could get better. But I wasn't planning on sleeping.

A few hours passed and the castle began to settle. I got up, ignoring the pain my sore body was screaming at me. Getting out of bed took more effort than I thought it would. Night had fallen and the moon filled the halls with an eerie blue light. Steady orange flames flickered from the sconces on the wall. It was still hard to see, so I lit my hands up and with a quick whisper, soft light filled my palms, illuminating the area around me.

I crept low and quickly made my way down the corridor and towards the main entry. I heard voices coming from one passage, and promptly panicked before hiding behind one of the many suits of armor. Two guards emerged into view, laughing as they patrolled the castle. Once they left, I let out the breath I was holding and made my way towards the library. I passed Lilith's office, the door was left ajar. I wouldn't have stopped if what caught my eye didn't intrigue me. Lilith was performing some kind of spell, and from the looks of it, it was a big one. She stood in the middle of the room, a strange symbol drawn on the floor, a seven-pointed star encased in a circle.

She took a knife from a jewel-encrusted box and sliced her palm. What kind of spell is that? I wondered as I watched her squeeze her palm over a bowl of various crystals.

"Duas stellas inter se colliduntur," she chanted, the crystals starting to glow and a bright light erupted, filling the room. I backed away, deciding it wasn't my business to eavesdrop.

"Domum... Terra."

Terra? I paused, brows furrowed in confusion. I've heard that word before. Many times, in fact. It was one of the words whispered to me whenever I heard the voices back home. What did it mean?