Chapter 29

Solitude Amongst People

The crisp breeze blew past them as their hair flew softly about the wind like playful butterflies. The canal blue sky feels just an arm away and the clouds were no where to be seen. Jimin and Min sat beside each other on the bench at the hospital's rooftop in silence.

"Her condition is worsening. The doctors said she might need another surgery if it worsens further. And- I-I don't want to seem like a horrible son but if we have another surgery, I think we might be even more in debt,"

Jimin muttered as he buried his face in his face in distress. Min had thousands of thoughts rushing through her mind as she tried to find appropriate words to use.

"I've been saving up money for a while since I've been working at a young age. I can give you some,"

"No, please, Min, the least I want to do is be a burden to you,"

Turning her head to face Jimin, she looked at him seriously in the eye before softening.

"You're not a burden. You're a friend. It's the least I can do since we're pretty close now, right? Wonho said that you put me in your emergency contacts so I assumed so,"

Upon hearing Min, Jimin let out a sigh as he looked up at the beautiful clear blue sky.

"You're my only friend, Min. The only friend who truly cares. I feel so alone despite all the people around me. Everyone sticks by my side because I'm popular or because girls find me somewhat attractive,"

Jimin muttered with a sigh as his eyes were fixated on the sky. Min turned to look at him as she noticed his nose and ears getting red from the cold. Jimin then continued with a soft smile,

"I never thought that you would be the one who stuck by my side but you're the only one that matters the most to me,"

"You matter a lot to me too,"