nineteen

the wind rushing through my fur, grass and and dirt under my paws, my tongue hanging out the side of my mouth-

this was freedom.

pure happiness coursed through me as i ran laps up and down the path, easily avoiding tree roots and rocks out of nothing but instinct.

but i felt the best everytime i passed billie, seeing her wide smile and hearing her laugh. everything about her at the moment radiated enjoyment, as i'm sure i did.

much too soon, i was panting heavily and unable to run anymore, my legs trembling slightly under my weight as i fought to get enough oxygen to my lungs. during this period of time, i walked slowly beside billie, her hand occasionally reaching down to knead the hot fur between my shoulder blades.

once i felt able, i shifted back. an unexpected head rush had me nearly falling over; thankfully billie managed to catch me in her arm.

i blushed, looking up at her. "sorry. it's been a while since i ran that hard,"

she shrugged, seeming reluctant to let me go but doing so anyways. "i'm not complaining," she admitted.

i bit my lip as i pulled away from her, noticing at that moment i'd forgotten to take one of my breath-saving mints that i carried everywhere after eating.

i pulled the container quickly out of my pocket, shaking one out onto my hand and popping it in my mouth.

i saw billie eyeing them in my peripheral vison. "can i have one?" she asked after a moment.

i nodded and motioned for her to hold out her hand, tapping the container on the side of it once she did so until one came out. 

she thanked me and threw it in the air, catching it in her mouth and turning to me with a smug grin.

i rolled my eyes. "show-off," i mumbled, looking away from her.

suddenly, a hand on my throat pushed me against a tree, and i was left staring into billies' hooded, cold eyes.

she adjusted her hand so that a couple of her fingers brushed my chin. she thrust her face closer to mine aggressively, boring into my eyes with her own.

"never," she rasped. "ever roll your eyes at me, babygirl. don't test it, it won't end well for you," she waited until i nodded, then pulled away and continued walking as if nothing had happened.

i stared after her in shock for a moment, eyes wide. i hadn't realized until now, but i'd been holding my breath. i let it out in a deep sigh, then jogged to catch up to billie.

when i reached her, she opened her hand to me. i was confused at first, until she gently took my hand in her own and squeezed it. i looked up to see her wearing a soft smile.

the had sloped upwards a few minutes ago, and just ahead there was a break in the trees where we could see the moon rising.

once we were clear of the trees, the wind buffeted my hair away from my face. billie seemed to enjoy the wind; she had her face turned toward it with a huge smile on her face.

she opened her eyes and the smile on her face grew to a smirk when she caught me staring.

i blushed and turned away, but almost instantly billies' hand was on my chin, turning my face back to her.

she looked like she'd been about to say something, but it seemed to die on her lips. her stare intensified, and i was unable to look away.

i saw her eyes shift to my lips, and i realized now what was happening. my eyes widened, my heart hammered, but i couldn't stop myself from doing the same.

as i did, i saw indecision flicker in her gaze for a moment, just before resolve hardened it and she leant forward to press her lips to mine.

as soon as she did, i felt warmth rise from my stomach to my throat. she moved the hand on my chin to the back of my neck, the other rising to hold my head, trapping my lips to hers.

she dominated the kiss easily; probably because i didn't really know what i was doing and this was my first kiss, but it was nonetheless the best feeling i'd ever had.

her fingers tangled in my hair, and she crushed her lips more firmly to mine. i felt her tongue swipe across my lip, and a soft groan emitted from me.

she took this chance to gently part my lips with her tongue and push it inside my mouth, caressing my own once she was in.

i noticed then that my lungs were screaming for air. reluctantly, i pushed lightly against billies' stomach. she seemed to understand, because she pushed her lips further into mine then pulled away only to rest her forehead on mine as we gasped for air, both her hands still tangled in my hair.

she was smiling like an idiot, and i'm sure i was too. we laughed softly as she slowly pulled her hands out of my hair, being careful not to tug on any knots.

"how was that for a first kiss?" she questioned once we'd gotten some oxygen.

i smiled even wider, if that was possible. "amazing," i breathed.

she chuckled, then took my hand again. "c'mon, i should get you home, it's getting late,"

she never let go of my hand the whole way down, even on the car drive, until we reached my house.

940 words, unchecked

i've never kissed anyone

15+ votes for next chapter/ when i write a couple more cuz i'm falling behind xD