nine

plz vote and comment, i really appreciate it and it gives me more motivation to write.

alaska

"let's do something else, we've been working on this for three hours now and i'm bored. besides, it's not like we have to get it done today or anything," billie complained.

i shrugged, saving the page and closing my laptop. "two hours and forty-three minutes, actually, but okay. what'd you have in mind?"

she smirked. "how about we play truth or dare, but instead of truths and dares it's just truths?"

i stared at her blankly. "so... asking each other questions, you mean?"

"yeah, sure,"

i bit my tongue. i knew how fast games like this could get... well, you know, dirty. so i decided to add something that might deter her.

"okay, but under one condition,"

she licked her lips. "and what's that?"

"every question you ask me, you have to answer yourself. and vice versa," i told her, slightly nervously.

she must have guessed what i was doing here, because a wide grin spread across her face. "alright then. you first,"

i blinked in slight surprise. "uh, okay. um, have you ever...cheated in a test?"

she chuckled. "of course i have. you?"

i blushed and nodded. "seventh grade,"

she hummed. "my turn. who was your first celebrity crush?"

i thought for a moment. "i think it was milo manheim, an actor,"

"never heard of him," she muttered, sounding slightly jealous if i'm not mistaken.

"yeah, he isn't very big. this was when i was like... eleven," i laughed lightly.

she laughed with me, to my relief. "mine was j.b, as you probably guessed," i noticed a faint blush covering her cheeks at this.

at first, i was going to ignore it. but then, i thought, why not have a little fun? 

"aw, are you embarrassed?" i teased.

her blush darkened some and she leant up to smack my arm. "shut up, it's your turn,"

"ooh, okay. have you ever been drunk?"

she rolled her eyes. "duh, haven't you?"

i shook my head. "'course not, i'm under age and i obey the law, unlike you,"

she huffed. "obeying the law is boring, and i know for a fact that you're not all that great. your physical traits, on the other hand..." she trailed off, and i saw her eyes drop below mine.

fighting off a blush, i quickly reminded her to ask a question.

i immediately regretted this when i saw a smirk cross her face.

"what's your body count?"

i almost gaped. "zero! i'm only seventeen!"

she shrugged. "so? i started fucking around when i turned sixteen,"

then, she paused. "so wait, you're a virgin?" her smile had for the most part faded, it was just a ghost over her lips now.

"it's my turn! um, um, what's the worst date you've ever been on?" i stammered, my face heating up when i realized what i just said.

she snorted. "only been on one and it was the worst day of my entire life. and i was supposed to answer the last question too, y'know,"

i looked down at my hands and ignored her latter comment. "i've never been on one before,"

i heard her hum. then, she place her hand under my chin and gently forced me to look up at her. 

shocked, my eyes widened as they stared into hers.

she smiled. "mind if i change that?" she whispered.

i knew i must be red as a tomato. "uh... no, i g-guess not," i managed to get out.

she smirked again and let go of me. "good, i'll text you,"

i'm sure i would've stayed in an unblinking stupor for longer if it weren't for a loud crash of thunder from the sky just at that moment.

i jumped, but my knee hit something on the floor and i tipped over, landing halfway on billies' lap with my hands on her thighs.

she glanced down at me. "hey there, bunny," she chuckled, amused and looking way too pleased.

i tried to scramble away from her, but a hand landed on my back, holding me there, before i could move.

"nah, i like you better here. stick around for awhile,"

with this being said, she moved her hands underneath my arms, lifting me slightly. she shifted her position so she was sitting cross-legged, then set me back down on her lap with my legs on either side of her.

i tried to look anywhere but her eyes, which usually ended up with me staring at the part of her left eyebrow that wouldn't lay flat.

she didn't say anything, just lifted her hand to brush a piece of my hair away from my eyes. 

the gesture was oddly intimate and i felt myself lean into her hand.

she smiled, cupping my cheek and rubbing it gently with her thumb. oddly, i didn't feel any warmth creeping up from my neck.

i thought i could stay here forever, but then there was more thunder and i flinched.

her brows furrowed. "are you afraid of thunder storms or something?"

i shrugged. "yeah," i'd gotten over being embarrassed about it, my brother isiah always told me i had a good reason to be afraid.

she hummed. "i'll drive you home later," she promised.

i opened my mouth to protest, but she placed a finger on my lips, silencing me. once she was sure i wasn't about to talk again, she let her hand slip into the place it had been before the thunder.

i sighed in contentment and relaxed into her.

i'd never thought that being held would be so comforting.