three ☑️

november 22, friday

friday. finally.

i'll finally be free from school for about forty hours in seven hours.

wait, no. i forgot.

i'm working on my project with billie on saturday.

okay, i can wait for the weekend.

i sighed heavily, rounding a bend and seeing the school appear in front of me.

first thing i noticed,

cadence and victoria jumping up and down like madmen while trying to get my attention.

second thing i noticed?

billie and a friend of hers leaning up against the school and watching my friends.

i forced myself to ignore them and instead smiled at the two girls who were probably screaming as loud as their lungs allowed them, waving back.

once i reached them, i was engulfed in a big double bear hug.

"oof- i love you guys, but i can barely breathe," i gasped. they both laughed, then released me.

we still had a few minutes before we had to head to class, but it was windy out so we decided to go inside.

but right as we reached the door, billie and her friend blocked us. or just me, i guess, but my friends stopped anyway.

"you need sumn?" cadence questioned, crossing her arms and narrowing her eyes. even though we questioned daily whether she was even five foot as she'd told us, cadence angry was NOT something you wanted to deal with.

billie barely glanced at her. "just wanted to talk to allie," she responded, taking my hand and tugging gently.

i threw an apologetic look over at my friends as i was pulled away. once i looked forward again, i noticed we were going to the back parking lot.

sketchy

"this is drew," billie informed me after a moment. "she's a bit of a dickhead sometimes, but otherwise, she's alright," 

drew playfully rolled her eyes and flicked billies' forehead. "oh, sure. like you aren't,"

billie just shrugged, a goofy grin on her face, before turning back to me.

"you doin' anything today?"

i bit my tongue. "um, no, not really. except school, of course,"

billie smiled again. "skip with us. we're gunna go to the mall then crash at bradees' place for a movie. koda's coming too, so i won't be the only person you know,"

i stared at her for a moment, disbelieving. "er, thanks, but i think i'll pass. i um- i'm not sure i know you well enough to-uh- hang out, i guess,"

she pouted, her bottom lip jutting out. "please? i promise you'll have fun or i'll never make you come again. and we can cuddle during the movie, too. i'm really comfy," her pout slowly turned into a smirk throughout this statement.

i licked my lips, about to refuse again. but billie kept talking.

"and i won't leave you the entire time we're at the mall, angel,  i swear. i'll stick to your side as if i were glued there,"

i furrowed my brow, only really catching onto one part. "don't call me that,"

she gave me a lazy grin. "alright, kitten,"

i felt my face heat up. "or that," i mumbled. her grin turned into a smirk.

"no problem, bunny,"

i rolled my eyes mentally. this girl was really starting to get on my nerves.

"anyway, you comin' or...?" she pressed, her smirk disappearing.

"um," i shifted nervously. "i dunno, i just- i don't like skipping, and, well- i dunno. it's not really my thing, i guess. and i don't know anyone 'cept dakota, really," i was rambling at this point, anything so that i didn't have to go.

billie drew her lip between her teeth, glancing sharply at drew for a moment who promptly spun around and left, then stepped closer to me. i felt frozen.

"babygirl," she started, her words low, smooth, and reassuring. "i promise i won't leave you alone for a millisecond. and if you don't want anyone to talk to you, then i'll tell them and they'll listen. i won't let anything happen that you aren't comfortable with, even if that means taking you home after five minutes. i promise i'll keep you safe," i hadn't noticed at first, but she'd taken my hand in her own, gazing deep into my eyes with her crystal blue ones.

suddenly, her stare was too intense. i looked down. "okay," i mumbled quietly.

i am so going to regret this later.

i glanced back up at her, and she was beaming, "great! c'mon, everyone's waiting for us, let's go!"

still holding my hand, she led me to a large black truck, like those sketchy white vans you see everywhere, but black and possibly slightly bigger.

the back door was open, and pulled me inside. there was probably five other people in there.

billie let go of my hand, causing me to panic for a moment before she sat down and gestured for me to sit next to her. i noticed the smiling man that would be on my other side was my older brother, dakota.

he grinned at me as i took my place next to him, holding up his hand for a fist bump, which i half-heartedly granted him.

"hey there, kiddo. ready to have some fun for once?"

i swallowed and smiled a totally fake smile, but he didn't seem to realize, just nodding and turning to the guy straight in front of him.

suddenly, i felt something snake around my waist. i jumped a little, startled.

i heard a small chuckle. "relax. it's just me. put your seatbelt on," billies' voice was still that tone lower. it seemed to resonate authoritively, causing me to obey her immediately.

just then, there was a jolt as the van started moving.

here we go.

909 words