|Chapter Twenty-Nine : Snow Surprise|

Start from the beginning

Ugh! Valerian, stop thinking! Just stop thinking!

After scolding myself enough in my head for acting like a horny teenager, I focused my attention back on Kaitlyn only to realize she was waiting for me to answer something.

But what?

"Uh, my brain became numb-" Kaitlyn raised a brow as I stopped mid-sentence.

Oh, God. What am I speaking?!

Clearing my throat, I just replied with a simple, "Yes. I'll do that."

I don't even know what I'd agreed to do. But let's just assume it was a rhetorical question. Either ways, I'd do anything she'd ask of me.

"Are you sure?" Kaitlyn looked like she was about to laugh at my reply.

The fact itself had me solidifying my rhetorical reply. If it makes her happy, anything is fine.

At the nod of my head, she pulled her hand out of mine making me instantly miss the warmth. I had this huge urge to whine like a child at the lack of contact but shut the thought out the moment it came.

"So, the one who makes the biggest snowman wins. What do you say?" Kaitlyn asks making the wheels in my head spin.

"Are we perhaps having a snowman making contest?" The moment I say the words I regret it sorely as she gives me a 'are you serious' look.

"You just agreed to it a minute ago." She deadpans.

I smile at the tone of her voice and nod my head along, "Yes, I'm sorry."

"Why are you even apologizing?" She smiles shaking her head before gesturing to the snow, "Shall we?"

"Yes, mam." I give her a mock salute and see her bite back another smile.

We scoot down at a distance from each other as we start collecting the snow for the snowman. I see Kaitlyn rubbing her hands to create warmth within them after dumping the snow on the unshaped snow ball that had started to form.

When it's apparent her hands are numb from gathering the ice, I dump down my snow ball and walk over to her. Kaitlyn looks up at me as I approach her.

Once I'm in front of her, "Give me your hand."

She gives me a quizzical look but brings forward her hand anyway. I grab it as gently as possibly. My heart clenches at how cold they've become from the warmth a few minutes ago. Gently caressing her palms with my fingers to create warmth, I pull out the leather glove from my pocket which I always carry around and usher it down her hands.

Kaitlyn just stares as I make her wear the black gloves. When I look up, she's staring straight at me with a strange expression on her face.

"You should wear it yourself." She says finally.

I entwine my fingers with her lathered ones, "You're offering me that even when your own hands are cold?" I smile gazing into her eyes.

Her cheeks heat up a bit, I don't know whether it's from the cold or not but it makes her look even more lovely.

"You're quite peachy today." She says, her eyes boring at our entwined hands.

I smile seeing her eyes soften considerably as I pull out another snowflake from the many stuck on her hair, "Shouldn't I be? I'm having a moment with my mate."

This time her eyes narrow but the colour in her cheeks intensifies, "There's no moment happening here." She deadpans again pulling her hands out of mine.

I chuckle at the way her eyes and her words are saying different things and how her cheeks heat up even more if possible. Oh, they aren't because of the snow. Now I can tell.