|Chapter Thirty-Three : Dance & The Masked Man|

------------- Kaitlyn -------------

I'd known from the moment I knew about my being the lycan princess that I had a twin. But I hadn't known he was alive.

After reading from Valerian's book about the sibling bond, when I'd tried to reach out to my twin through the bond that every lycan twin in the Verakov bloodline have, I hadn't been able to connect to him. I had tried so many times. But every failed attempt made me believe that he didn't survive like I did.

According to Ekon, it was because we were separated at birth itself and the bond didn't get the time to develop.

To the present, I'm being crowned as the temporary queen of Lycor since I'm still the second inline to the throne. When we'll find my brother, I'll have to hand him the throne since technically he's the elder twin.

I didn't know how I felt about all this. Previously when I'd thought he was dead, I'd felt this immense sadness for a sibling I hadn't ever met. Maybe somewhere I really wished for him to be alive. So that I could have atleast some blood relative except for Narcissa. But now when I'm certain he's alive, I was determined to find him.

Pretty was restless. She was happy. She was sad. She was squealing and she was whining.

I couldn't understand whether the lycan was sane in her head. And she seemed confused too it seems. But one thing is certain, she misses her twin who she just came to know about. Yeah, that's Pretty for you.

A heavy metal being placed atop my head snaps me out of my reverie reminding me that I'm in middle of my crowning, seated on the throne.

Ekon fixes the now void of blood crown on my head before stepping back and giving a respectful bow. I give him a nod in return with a smile.

The wizard then turns to the crowd, "Long live the queen!"

Everyone cheers, "Long live!" and bow to show their respect.

"You may rise." I smile as they all stand back up, "Let the celebration began."

And just like that, the crowning ceremony turns into a full fledged ball party as people gather around for partners and dance to the low waltz music buzzing in the entirety of the throne room.

Involuntarily, my eyes flicker over to my mate only to find him sulking at a corner with a permanent frown to his face while Marilla kept talking animatedly beside him. He didn't even seem to be listening to her.

I couldn't help the smile tugging on my lips as Marilla smacked Valerian's head when he glared at a man who tried to approach him. Gosh, I really miss the grumpy man.

"Kaitlyn," My attention diverts to the person who took my name only to find Dante smiling down at me.

"Your highness." He does a dramatic bow making me laugh at it, "Care for a dance?"

I glance at Ekon to ask whether it was fine for me to leave the throne. The wizard merely gives a nod before going back to his task of observing everyone with his calculating gaze.

Rising from my seat, I place my hand over Dante's extended one as he leads me over to the dance floor.

.
.
.

------------- Valerian -------------

My eyes narrow into slits as the commander pulls Kaitlyn to the dance floor where everyone is gathered in an anti-clockwise ball dance.

The annoying guard twirls Kaitlyn around making her laugh before pulling her close to him by placing his slimy hands on her.

"You look ready to murder someone." Marilla whispers from beside me.