|Chapter Six : The Wandering Mouse|

As the night pulls in, letting the chilly air of the ocean whisp through the wide-stretched windows into the confines of my chambers, my mind remains sogged.

I glance up at the gold patterns on the high ceiling from where I'm sprawled over the soft mattress of the bed reminiscing today's eventful day.

First the duel with the king and his suspicion of my being Queen.

Then seeing Dante.

After the rather charming introduction that I hadn't even needed, he simply excused himself saying he had some urgent work to attend to and he'd see me around.

Julian and Avyanna had shared a confused look as to what work it was before they too departed with a 'bye', looking for Dante.

If there truly was some pressing matter requiring immediate presence, the other two personal guards would've known too.

Dante simply wanted to avoid me, I get that much.

But I didn't understand why.

Why he was avoiding me. Or why he was even here. Or what leader was upto now.

I haven't a clue why Victor would send me here if he already had Dante set around the king, at most the same position I'm to be.

Dante could do the assassination better. Afterall, he is the second-best in the creed after Victor. No one could defeat him. Not even I.

And yet, here I am.

The only one allowed to kill Valerian. Why is leader adamant on only my killing him, I couldn't get.

But for all he had done for me all those centuries after my birth, for raising me, for giving me a purpose to live no matter how stale it felt at times, I owe this to him.

Although Dante. . .

He could've told me. If not, atleast gave me a hint of it. I thought we shared everything? Guess not.

I was deprived of the knowledge and it irked me knowing how Dante is aware of every single thing about me while he kept me in the dark.

I needed answers.

Without a thought, I rise from the bed. Pulling the black velvet straps at my waist into a knot securing the silk red robes I'm clad in at place. I proceed to walk out of my room into the dreary silent hallway.

The second floor.

It is where the king's bedchambers are situated at the right wing where no one is allowed to enter except Eleanor. Onto the left wing are the guards-Julian, Avyanna, Me and probably Dante too.

The entirety of the hallway has a balcony-sorta feel to it. The prominent wooden railings at the edge lining the whole floor. It allows one the view to the ground floor entrance.

My room is directly opposite the right wing. The king's wing. And that's the most horrible thing of my accommodation.

If for some forsaken reason he decides to stroll in the hallway then he could very well spot me wandering around.

I can just pray to whatever moon goddess that I don't ever get caught by him while lingering out my room at night.

And I do so, as my feet carries me to the three array of doors in the passageway.

The first door has a keychain of a wolf hung on it's knob. Cross. That's most probably Julian's room.

The second room has no assortments of any sort and is plain organized as any rooms. Cross. That might be Avyanna's room.