| Chapter Twenty : The Lycan Princess' Shift |

▪︎ Kaitlyn Winchester ▪︎

The painful thudding of my head as if being pricked by a thousand nails was the first thing I felt the moment my sleepiness evaporated and the effects of the pixie brew started to wear off. But that was alright compared to what followed.

Despite the nausea brewing inside of me, my limbs ached with the shocking pain that waved in. My heartbeat rocketed so fast I could hear them in my ears. I couldn't open my eyes though. It felt like rocks were placed on my them. Feeling my heart panic at the terrifying sensation, I tried to grab anything my hands could catch onto beside me on the soft mattress I'm laid on.

I wanted to open my eyes. I wanted to sit straight. I wanted to say something. Do something. But I couldn't do any of it.

My skin sizzled as a burning fire creeped into my body like a molten lava and my throat grew drier than the desert. Gasping, my arms shot out as the feeling of helplessness grew on me.

Suddenly, two pair of large arms gathered me in an embrace and carressed my head. The person pushed my face into their hard chest and rubbed my back.

"What's happening, Kaitlyn?" He asked still running his hand from my head down my back in a soothing gesture.

I recognized the voice. I recognized the slithering worry in it. Something said me there would never be a time I wouldn't recognize it and that instinct, gut feeling scared me more than comforting me.

"You're burning." Valerian said before pulling back from me.

I almost let out a groan at the lack of extra warmth I was receiving despite my already warm current self.

"Can you open your eyes?" He asked again and it all felt so familiar that I couldn't help the sense of deja vu that washed over me.

I have no clue what's happening.

But for the sake of the fear and concern lacing his tone, I spoke-or atleast tried to-only to find no sound escaping my mouth. I tried to flutter my eyelids open too but there was only plain darkness shrouding my sight. No matter how hard I tried, they wouldn't even move.

What in the world is wrong with me?!

"You can't open your eyes?" The voice asked again but unlike last time where there was controlled calmness within them, this time it seemed to have lost all of it only to be filtered with raw fear.

"Kaitlyn! Are you okay?" He shook me so gently as if I'd break but for the love of god, I couldn't even move without my limbs acting as if they wished with all their might to part away from my body.

"Eleanor!" He suddenly yelled out gathering me in his arms.

I felt him lift me up and walk in a hurry. I heard a door closing behind me indicating we headed out some place but I couldn't figure anything else other than that with my blinded sight. I could hear the loud thudding of heartbeat which wasn't mine this time but Valerian's.

He is worried. . .

I grew silent. Even with my limbs aching and everything in me hurting, I couldn't even get a word out. Not even scream or howl in pain. I felt like a limp wooden puppet being carried around all of a sudden.

"Why are you running around like a madman?" Marilla's uncanny lilting voice said before the raw sarcasm in it extinguished to be replaced by concern, "Is she okay? What happened?"

"I don't know! She's burning! Call Eleanor! Call Dulcamara!" Valerian yelled frantically as I felt his footsteps hasten.

Marilla's footsteps followed behind shortly, "Geziore, fine! Calm down a bit. You seem like you'd explode with worrying any moment. Which, by the way, isn't going to help her or anyone. While you're at it, do not explode on me please. I had a hard time getting my hairs done-"