|Chapter Twenty-Nine : Snow Surprise|

--------------V A L E R I A N-------------

"Snow!"

The grin on Kaitlyn's lips lit up her entire face. It was contagious enough to make my own lips tug into a smile. I've never seen her smile so wide.

It's mesmerizing. She is mesmerizing.

"I heard you like snow but you never got to see it." I explain reminiscing her words from the day she was drunk on pixie brew as I took a step forward.

Dusting off the tiny bead of snowflake stuck to her hair, "I thought this would cheer you up from the unsettling feeling."

Her blue eyes connected with mine, that smile on her face wavering for a minute only to grow wider, "Thank you."

I smiled back, not being able to help myself before grabbing her hand and tugging her along.

"Don't you want to play with the snow?" I ask over my shoulder, a smirk pulling at my lips as I contemplated my next words, "Or make snow angels?"

Kaitlyn's mouth parted in surprise, "How did you. . . ?"

"A drunk man's words are a sober person's thoughts." I mumble under my breath but she seems to hear it, ofcourse.

Dang lycan hearing.

"What else did I say while being drunk on the brew? I didn't do anything stupid, did I?" She asked following behind me, her eyes alarmed.

Except for attempting to kiss me, hug me, calling my voice sexy and kissing my neck and cheek, you pretty much did not do anything stupid.

Knowing the answer would have her running to the nearest hill, I simply reply with a, "No, you didn't."

I mean, I'd call that anything but stupid. My brain couldn't even function properly that day from the way my skin had heated up at her touches.

Shaking away the image of her sultry eyes from that day, I focus on the snowy forest of Helvon.

This forest is the closest to the entrance of the underworld. Hence it always snows here. Before you think that the closest place to Hell should be the warmest, let me tell you two things.

a) Hell is anything but warm.

It's a cold, lifeless place. So icy that walking barefoot on the land might end you freezing and burning at the same time as the feeling of the chilly ice underneath your feet numbed your nerves.

b) Only demons or accomplices of the demons can enter through the gateway of Helvon.

So if any other creature wished to visit Helvon, they can either accompany a demon or not go at all. The invisible wall will stop them on their path anyways. To add to it, the underworld is the last place you'd want to visit, alive.

Getting my attention back on my mate, I find her glancing around excitedly, her hands still clasped in mine. My eyes softened at the joy on her face. What I would do to keep that smile on her face forever.

Kaitlyn's eyes snapped to mine and I schooled my features so that she doesn't notice me openly ogling at her.

"Will you. . ." Her words trailed as she looked at the snow and then at me, bitting her lips as if contemplating her next words.

My gaze automatically dropped to those soft plush lips. The same lips she'd kissed me with. The same lips whose taste still lingered in my mouth like an addictive drug. I had the itchy feeling to release those lips from her teeth and place my own on—