Like she always did.

Y/N lets out a heavy sigh before standing herself up and dusting her clothes, about to leave without telling him. And just as she was, Mark jogged towards her, breathing heavily:

"Sorry about that. I need to go early, Yeri needs help with watching over her baby cousin," He shrugged as if it wasn't even a big deal, "You want me to drop you off to your house?"

She shakes her head, dismissing the idea, "No, it'll just take more time. Go on, Yeri needs you,"

With a final nod, Mark then leaves the scene, the girl now all alone again.

~ Two weeks later ~

Your POV

"... No..." I shook my head, breathing now uneven.

"It's the truth, Y/N." Mark sighs, ruffling his hair, "You're my imprint, we can't do anything about it,"

I stood there in disbelief, his words echoing inside my head again, and again, and again. I could hear a reek of disappointment in it, his face showing not even one void of emotion but I knew better, I was never the person he had expected to spend the rest of his life with, to grow and have kids in a place both him and his significant other would move in.

Others would think of it as a positive outlook, you see. Some would be like "You're finally with the man you've loved for as long as you can remember!", "Go take the chance now that you have it served at you.", or even "Come on, make him show you what he's missing on!".

But that's the thing.

He'll never look at me the same way as he always will at Yeri.

No matter how hard I try.

"I- I'm sorry, I can't take this..." I stuttered before scrambling out of his house and into the woods.

I know about the Cullen family being vampires and I know that during times such as this they roam around to find their "dinner". And I don't care. They know that I know anyways:

"Oh, Y/N, hey. What brings you here?" I looked up to see Rosalie walking up to me, behind her stood Jasper, who gave me a confused glance.

Shrugging, I chose to remain silent for a few moments before finally speaking up, "It's about Mark..."

"What the hell did that no good of a dog did again?" Now it was Jasper's turn to talk. I haven't seen him like this before, sure he had grown very protective of me since the day I got here in Forks but, this was an "out of the ordinary" kind of protective.

It was normal that he'd use snarky comments about the werewolves but this was on a whole other level. I could feel him getting more and more upset, so I stood up and shook my head, "Don't get mad, Jas," I mumbled, rubbing my thumb against his cold hand.

He heaves a deep sigh and looked down, "I just... you've gone through so much pain because of that idiot. I don't get why their moon goddess or whatever would even think it was a good idea to imprint him on you," Jasper states, "I don't get why she had to involve you with him- him, out of all people. Mark has done nothing but damage you and I'm not having it!"

"It is what it is..." I bit my bottom lip, "He's not going to do anything, Mark isn't like that. Plus, he knows the bond more than any of us do, it's important to him and his tribe,"