epilogue

FOUR YEARS LATER
Brooklyn

"Mama, why are we in Missouri? I wanna go back to Washington."

"I know, sweetie," I told my three year old daughter. "We'll go home in a few days, okay?"

"Okay," Ivy said, continuing to play with her toy doll as I pushed the shopping cart down the grocery aisles.

Ivy was the perfect mix of her father and I. My eyes with Grayson's dark hair. She looked just like a Dolan when she smiled, except for the fact that she had my dimples and my freckles.

Other than that, most of her genes were inherited from her daddy.

I recently got a call from the local hospital in St. Louis that my father had died, and that they wanted confirmation of his identity, and that I was his only family.

His house was foreclosed on years ago, so I didn't have to worry about any of that shit.

Ivy and I were stocking up on snacks for the hotel room, which was why we were at the store.

But my heart almost stopped when I heard a familiar voice.

Grayson.

He seemed to be on the phone with Ethan until he came into my aisle.

As soon as our eyes met, he knew it was me.

"Brooklyn?" he asked before hanging up on Ethan. "Is it really you?"

"It's me," I smiled, tears already forming in my eyes.

Ivy couldn't stop staring at Grayson, because she knew he was her father. I show her old pictures from a scrapbook I made the year I lived at the Dolan's.

Grayson was speechless until he glanced at our daughter. "Is this your—" he said, not being able to get the words out.

"This is Ivy. She's three."

"Three?" he said, tears forming in his eyes. It was obvious that Ivy was his child. She looked almost exactly like Grayson.

"Yeah," I said. "She's three."

He looked at me, then pointing to himself as if to say "she's mine?"

I nodded.

Grayson cupped Ivy's face in his hand, stroking his thumb along her cheek. "You are the most beautiful girl I've ever seen."

I couldn't help but let out a small chuckle, knowing how much I hated keeping her from him.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Grayson asked, turning back to me.

"I was scared. I knew I needed to keep her away from my father at all costs, so I didn't tell anyone."

"We have so much to talk about," Grayson said.

"Yeah," I said. "I think we do too."

THE END

——————————————————————-

sequel is coming soon (probably tomorrow), and it will be called "right where you left me". It'll take place right after graduation.

I can't wait to write the sequel for you guys! Thanks for reading Perfectly Wrong, and we'll see you later in Right Where You Left Me!!