Grayson

"Cam, it's so good to see you," I said, smiling as I gave my older sister a hug.

Ethan was standing next to me, excitedly tapping me on the shoulder, so that he could have his turn to hug Cameron.

She was finally home for Christmas, and we were super excited.

"I can't wait for you to meet Brooklyn," I said as I put Cam's suitcase in the trunk of Ethan's Jeep.

"Me too. I've heard so many good things about her from you guys," she said as the three of us climbed into the car.

Ethan started driving, and Cam took over the aux.

"I missed you, Cam," I said as Ethan drove away from the airport.

"I missed you too, Gray. I can't believe you actually got a girlfriend."

I smiled. "She's amazing. She's been through a shit ton of bad experiences, so I'm trying to give her the greatest Christmas ever."

"Brooklyn deserves a lot more than what she's had to deal with in her life," Ethan said.

"And that's exactly why we took her in. She needed a safe place to stay, so Mom agreed for us to take her in."

"And then Grayson went and fell in love with her," Ethan said.

"Yup," I said. "Well, I fell in love with her long before I even realized it. But despite everything she's been through, she has such a sweet heart, and such compassion for others."

"And she's like best friends with Kylie now," Ethan said.

"That's awesome," Cam said.

"So, you can have your old room for the week, and Brooklyn can just bunk with me," I told my sister.

"Sounds good. Thanks," Cam said.

It didn't take us long to get home, and dinner was ready by the time my siblings and I stepped through the floor.

My mother immediately gave my sister a huge hug, both of them telling each other how much they missed one another.

"Cam, this is my girlfriend, Brooklyn," I said, putting my arm around Brooklyn's shoulder. "Brooklyn, this is my sister Cam."

Brooklyn smiled as she stepped forward to give Cam a greeting hug. "It's so nice to finally meet you," Brooklyn said.

"You too. Grayson's told me so many good things about you," Cam said as they pulled away from their hug.

"Dinner's ready if you guys wanna sit down," Mom said. "Ethan, you can take your sister's suitcase upstairs."

Ethan nodded before he grabbed Cameron's suitcase and took it upstairs.

I helped my mother set the table before we all sat down to eat together. I missed having my sister home, and I was happy that she already seemed to become friends with Brooklyn within the first few minutes.

Cam caught us all up about how college had been going this semester, and random topics like those.

It made me happy to see Brooklyn asking Cam a lot of questions. She had truly been looking forward to meeting Cam, so I was happy it was going well for her.

Brooklyn fit right in with us Dolan's, and that dinner was a memory I'll never forget. It was all lighthearted and fun, and we all had a blast sitting there and talking.

Ethan and I cleaned the table and did the dishes while our mom and the girls went to the living room to turn a movie on.

Ethan made two big bowls of popcorn, so we all sat in the living room and munched on the snack.

Tomorrow is Christmas Eve, which means it's gonna be a busy day in our household.

We usually do presents on Christmas Eve, and then stockings in the morning while eating cinnamon rolls and listening to classic Christmas music.

I just wish my dad could've been here. I miss him a lot.

Cam said goodnight and went upstairs once the movie was over, just because she was tired from her flight.

Brooklyn and I also turned in for the night, while Ethan stayed downstairs to hang out with my mom.

"Your sister's so cool," Brooklyn said. "I enjoyed meeting her."

"I'm glad," I said. "I always knew you'd fit right into the clan."

Brooklyn gave me a smile as we laid down next to each other. "You're the best boyfriend I ever could've asked for. I still can't believe I got so lucky. I mean, you barely even knew me, yet you let me come stay here."

"That part was my mom's idea, but I was the one to ask her what I should do to help you."

"Grayson, you literally saved my life. I would probably be in some shitty foster home right now if it wasn't for you and your family's generosity."

"I love you so much, Brooklyn. I've always been happy to help. I don't know if you realized, but I found you when I needed someone the most too. I was feeling really lost, and the day I saw you in your car was a day that I didn't know if I was gonna make it much longer. But I went home and asked my mom how I could help you, and I felt like I finally had some type of purpose again. I felt like I was making my dad proud, and that I was making the world a better place, even if I was only helping one person at a time."

"Your dad is proud of you, baby. And you have such a bright future ahead of you. I know you're gonna get into a great school, and you're gonna find somewhere amazing to live, and you're gonna accomplish everything that you set your mind to. You're a really smart, and well-rounded person. I know you're gonna go super far."

"Thanks, baby," I said, pulling her closer before I kissed her forehead. "You mean a lot to me."

"Merry almost-Christmas," she said.

"Merry almost-Christmas," I replied.

Brooklyn cuddled into my chest, closing her eyes as she got comfortable. "Night," she mumbled.

"Goodnight," I whispered, falling asleep to the gentle sound of my girlfriend's breathing.