Brooklyn

Kylie's face lit up as the two of us entered the local mall, a place I've really only window shopped at.

I used to pay the bills at home because my dad was a lazy, abusive piece of shit, but now I had a little extra spending money because I didn't have to pay bills anymore.

It was exactly a week until Christmas, and Kylie said she'd help me pick out presents for the Dolan's. They've done so much for me, and I especially want to get Grayson something really nice.

Kylie dragged me into the record store, talking about how Ethan loves adding to his collection, and that a record would be a perfect gift for him.

"He likes The Beatles, Bob Dylan, Pink Floyd. Basically anything from the 60's until now."

"Got it," I said.

Skimming through some of the record boxes, I found a brand new Limited Edition signed record of The Beatles.

"Kylie, I think I just witnessed a miracle."

She came over, glancing at the record, then gasping.

"Oh my god," she said. "We totally hit the jackpot."

"And it's only twenty-five dollars. What the hell?"

"If you don't get it for him, I will. But you should. He's gonna be mind-blown."

"I'm gonna get it for him," I said.

A few minutes later, I was all checked out, the record placed inside of a plastic bag as Kylie and I made our way across the mall.

"I have no idea what to get Lisa, but she's been so good to me," I said. "She's really the only adult who's ever shown me real compassion. Before her, I never met any adult who wasn't judgemental of me. I lost friends growing up because their parents didn't like me."

"I wish we would've became friends sooner. Even if my parents didn't like you, it wouldn't stop me from being your friend."

"Thanks, Ky. That means a lot to me."

"I'm happy Grayson met you. I don't know if you knew this, but he was kind of lost until he found you. You helped him as much as he's helped you."

"Really? He never told me."

"He never told anyone. For a long time, he was barely even talking to Ethan about what was going on. Then he found you, and he got closer to Ethan again."

"Wow," I said. "I don't even know what to say. I mean, Grayson literally saved my life."

"I think you saved his too, Brooklyn."

"I need to give him the biggest hug when I get home."

Kylie smiled. "You two are such a great match."

"I never thought I was capable of loving someone, let alone this much. I mean, Grayson is everything to me."

"That's how I feel about Ethan."

"How long have you two been together?"

"Since the summer before sophomore year. So, about two and a half years."

"Damn. That's a long time. And you're still attached at the hip."

"What can I say? Ethan's my guy."

I giggled. "You guys make an adorable couple."

"We applied to all of the same colleges, so I'm crossing my fingers that him and I get into the same ones."

"I'm not going to college," I said. "I don't know what I want to do, and I wouldn't have enough money anyway."

"What about scholarships?"

"I didn't get the best grades. I don't know. I've never really thought about my future. I just cross my fingers that I'm not gonna be stuck in this town for the rest of my life."

"I think all of us are crossing our fingers about getting out of this town."

"Where did you apply to?"

"A couple of universities in New York, three in Texas, one in Tennessee, and two in Missouri."

"Wow. And Ethan applied to all the same ones?"

"Yup. Grayson too. Tennessee is looking at both of them as possible football recruits."

"Grayson mentioned something about that, but never said which school it was. I'll have to ask him about it."

We walked into a jewelry shop, which was perfect for Lisa.

I found a beautiful necklace with simple diamond pendants on it. It was simple, but super pretty. I knew it was the perfect gift for Lisa.

After I bought the necklace, Kylie and I outside of the store.

"Now I just need to find a gift for Grayson," I said.

There was a Target in the mall, so we headed there, and I immediately knew what to get Grayson.

First was a gravity weighted blanket for when he is stressed, and then I also got him a mini movie projector, and a new bottle of his favorite cologne.

I felt confident about everything I got for the Dolan's, and Kylie took me to her house, so I could wrap the gifts.

I obviously wasn't the best with wrapping paper, but Kylie helped me wrap the presents perfectly.

"Thanks for helping me out today, Ky. I had fun," I told her as she pulled into the Dolan's driveway to drop me off.

She smiled. "We need to hang out more often. Girls day."

"True," I said, getting out of her car and grabbing my bag of presents. "See you at school tomorrow."

"Bye, Brooke," she said. Kylie's been calling me Brooke for a while now. Ethan and Grayson call me Brooke once in a while too.

Has a nice ring to it.

I smiled as I walked through the front door, seeing my boyfriend doing his homework while his brother yelled at the hockey game on tv.

"Hey, Gray," I said, kissing his cheek.

"Hi, baby," he said, wrapping his arm around my waist and smiling at me. "Did you have fun with Kylie?"

"I did," I said. "And I got presents for you, and a present for your mother and for Ethan."

"Wow. Productive day."

I smiled, pecking my boyfriend's lips. "I'm gonna go out the gifts under the tree."

"Okay, babe. I'm glad you had fun today."

"Brooklyn," Ethan said. "You didn't have to get me anything."

"Too late," I said, smiling at my boyfriend's twin as I placed the gifts neatly under the tree. "Kylie helped pick it out, and it is going to make you cry tears of joy, so you better like it."

Ethan smiled. "It's the thought that counts."

"Besides," I said. "You got me something, so it's only polite that I got you something. You guys have done so much for me anyway, so you deserve gifts."

Grayson walked over to the tree and sat next to me. He wrapped his arms around my shoulders and rested his chin on my shoulder as his chest pressed against my back. "I love you, Brookie."

"That's a new one," I said, smiling at Grayson.

He pecked my lips. "It's cute, just like you."

"You're so cheesy," I said, letting my smile grow into a grin.

"You love me for it."

"True," I said, pecking his lips.

"Yup. Worse than me and Kylie," Ethan said, patting Grayson on top of the head before walking away.

Grayson chuckled before looking at me again. "I'm so glad that you're my girl."

I smiled as I leaned my head on his chest. "Me too. I love you more than anything."