Brooklyn
March

My father always had a way of making a threat, then laying low until you least expect it, and then snapping at the last second.

Lisa probably didn't think anything of it, but I received a letter in the mail from my father.

Which means he knows I'm living with the Dolan's.

I didn't tell Grayson. I didn't tell Ethan, I didn't tell Kylie, and I most certainly didn't say anything to anybody.

I was terrified.

I was certain that he'd show up here, or that he'd find out where I was waitressing and show up there.

I still felt somewhat safe staying with the Dolan's, but I knew it was a matter of time until something bad was gonna happen.

I didn't let it affect my relationship with Grayson though. We were still going strong, and I knew he'd protect me at all costs.

School was getting crazier, and so was work. Since it was warmer outside now, more people were coming in to the restaurant to eat, and since the school year was only six weeks from being over, it was getting hectic.

The seniors were finishing a lot of essays, projects and everything else for the end of the year. Presentations seemed to be every other week, but we were counting down the days easily.

Soon enough, it was April, and Prom was set to be the day after my eighteenth birthday.

Grayson took me on a fancy dinner date, just to ask me to the dance, and it was an amazing evening.

Kylie and I went dress shopping together, and I found the perfect light blue dress that fit me amazingly. I felt like a real princess for once in my life.

I picked out a matching bow tie for Grayson, and Kylie let me borrow a nice pair of shoes.

Kylie even helped me do my makeup for the dance, and Lisa did both Kylie's and my hair.

Us girls had been getting ready at Kylie's house, so the boys came to pick us up. After plenty of pictures taken, the four of us hopped into Ethan's Jeep, and made our way to the venue.

"You look so beautiful," Grayson whispered to me as we sat in the backseat.

I smiled as I placed my hand on Grayson's knee. "Thank you. You look really handsome, babe."

Grayson pecked me on the lips before our hands laced together.

We all went straight to the dance floor as soon as we arrived, and the music was actually pretty good. Grayson and I were dancing the night away, and I felt like I was a character in a movie or something. It felt like it was all a fever dream, and I was gonna wake up any second.

Unfortunately Prom was my first and last school dance ever. I could never afford a dress, and I didn't have friends before, so I never got to go to Homecoming or anything.

Grayson made me feel like a million bucks that night. He wouldn't stop telling me how beautiful he thought I looked, and it was definitely boosting my confidence.

Not to mention that I was the one dating the hottest man in school.

When Prom was over, Ethan and Kylie dropped Grayson and I off at home before they went out to party.

Grayson and I decided to have a movie night in, so we could spend some quality time together. Laying in bed, eating ice cream and enjoying a cuddle session.

"I don't want you to ever forget that I love you," I told him.

"Why would I forget?"

"I don't know," I said. "I just don't want you to."

"I won't, baby. You know how much I love you."

I smiled, pecking his lips. "You mean so fucking much to me, Grayson."

He turned the tv off, making the room dark before he tenderly kissed my lips, letting my tongue glide against his as our bodies pressed together.

The slow love he made to me that night is something I'll never forget. It meant so much to both of us, and I felt so much love between us.

I was at work three weeks later when my father showed up. I went into the break room in the back before he could see me, but it made my stomach so fucking upset that I started to throw up from anxiety.

My manager told me to go home, but I needed to do something first.

Once I drove away from the restaurant, I went to the convenience store and picked up a test. I'd never been late in my life, and I was worried this wasn't just caused by stress.

I was able to use the bathroom at a local McDonald's, and when the test was positive, I knew what I needed to do.

I threw the test away, then heading home and getting in the shower.

There's two weeks until graduation, and everything seems uncertain as it has this whole year.

I made sure to hug Grayson extra tight, giving him all of the love that I possibly could. He deserves someone better than me. Someone who won't be a burden on him.

Someone who will make him happier than I can.

At school I was able to do some research to help me figure out a plan, and then I knew what needed to happen.

I have to protect myself from my father. He's already proven that he can find where I am, so I need to do better.

I absolutely hate the thought of losing Grayson, but there's more than one person I have to protect now.

This is what's best for all of us, even if it might make Grayson hate me.

It was the night before graduation when Grayson and Ethan were both hanging out with their football teammates.

Lisa was already asleep, so that's when I packed up my belongings and put them in the car.

Graduation is tomorrow, and I need to do what I've always promised myself I'd do after graduation. I'm doing this for more than just myself.