Grayson

Brooklyn was trying to get ready for school while I was hugging her waist. Since the night of the party, I've been feeling extra protective of her.

"Grayson," she said.

"What?"

"Are you gonna let go of me, so I can get ready?"

"No."

Brooklyn laughed. "Babe, I'm fine."

"That's what you always say," I said as she turned around to wrap her arms around my neck.

She gave my lips a soft peck before smiling. "I promise I'm fine. I have you to keep me safe."

"Damn right," I said. "And why do you need to get ready? You already look beautiful."

"I have a presentation today. I need to look professional."

"Oh, that's right. I forgot about that. You'll do amazing, baby," I said, kissing her forehead.

"You need to go eat breakfast," she said. "I'll be down in a little bit."

"I love you," I said, pecking her lips.

"I love you more," she said.

"Didn't realize it was a competition," I said. "But I'd win."

Brooklyn laughed. "That's hilarious."

"You know, sometimes you're even more stubborn than Ethan," I said, walking towards the door to her bathroom. "I'll be downstairs making you a breakfast made with love."

"Why are we becoming so cheesy? I used to think I didn't even have a heart."

"No, you have a bigger one than anyone in this house. You just don't realize it sometimes."

"Are you gonna come over here and kiss me again?" Brooklyn said, giving me a cheesy grin.

I smiled as I walked towards her, pulling her closer and attaching my lips to hers. Her hands went to the back of my hair as my tongue glided against hers.

I lifted her up, setting her down on the bathroom counter as we kept kissing, and then she pulled away. "I gotta get ready now, Gray."

I kissed her lips again. "Okay. I love you."

"I love you," she said as I walked towards the door.

I let her get ready while I made breakfast, and Ethan came flying down the stairs.

"E, you good man?"

"Kylie's car won't start, so I have to pick her up for school," he said. "I gotta leave like now."

Kylie did live about twenty minutes away, and fifteen from the school.

"I hope you make it to school on time."

"Especially in this weather," Ethan muttered as he put his shoes and coat on. He grabbed his keys and his backpack before waving at me. "See you at school."

"Drive safe," I said.

Southern Missouri usually doesn't get too much snow in the winter, but a polar vortex is hitting us this year.

I'm surprised that we even have school today.

I turned the news on, just in case there were any updates about the storm coming in.

"It looks like the storm is coming in pretty heavy already, and Fenton High School will be shut down today due to a power outage. The city says to stay safe on the roads, and avoid driving as much as possible."