18 - Strange Happenings

Start from the beginning

Shortly after he put the flask away and went to set up camp for you both. You sat there, you wanted to help, but even breathing hurt as you felt the skin around your wound stretch with every breath. You wished this wound would disappear as all the others had.

Maybe it had something to do with magic? Seokjin wasn't using his magic this whole time, maybe it didn't work here. But that didn't make sense because your wounds from the day before were gone by the end of the day. Maybe the wound was so bad that it couldn't just disappear. Or maybe it had something to do with the fact that the wound was caused by a dragon.

♡◇♡◇♡

The next morning you and Seokjin continued on your search for the dragons. You insisted on continuing despite your wounds and Seokjin eventually allowed you to come. As you were walking through you stepped on something that felt strange under your foot

You paused and as Seokjin took a step behind you and bumped into you. You stumbled forward and felt your foot get caught on something which triggered a net to scoop you and Seokjin up and trap you.

Seokjin cursed as the two of you struggled in the net for a while until you realized it wasn't doing any good. You were incredibly close to him once again but this time it was against your own will. Seokjin inhaled deeply before sighing.

"What did you do?" he questioned.

"What did I do!? You're the one who bumped into me!" you argued.

"Whatever, use Jungkook's sword and cut us out,"

"I think you mean my sword," you tried to stretch your arm around Seokjin and to your hip to grab your sword. He was situated on top of you and one of your arms was caught in between the ropes of the net while the other was trapped between Seokjin and the net, "I can't reach it, can't you use your magic or something?"

"No, I can't actually,"

"Would you look at that, the high and mighty Mr. Magic Hands can't use his magic," you said mockingly, "Is that really the only thing you can do?"

"Shut up!" he growled.

You could tell you struck a nerve and you smirked. For some reason, you were proud that you were able to tick him off.

"Awe, are you upset?" you continued.

"Unless you want me to gut you like a fish I suggest you keep quiet,"

"At least I don't have to rely on something as fickle as magic to give me purpose,"

"The only reason why you're alive is because of that stupid prophecy, otherwise I'd have let you die by now,"

"I think you just don't want to be the cause of death for another girl that Jungkook cares about," you taunted, "Or maybe you actually care about me?

"I've been expecting you two," a voice cut in before he could reply.

You both looked to where it was coming from and see the figure of an old man approaching.

"You know us?" Seokjin questioned the old man.

"I know about everyone and everything who comes on to this island," the old man answered, "Would you like some help?"

"Yes, please get me out of here!" you complained.

The old man went to a rope that was tied to a peg in the ground. It was attached to the net and the old man pulled out a sharp knife.

"Wait don't --!" Seokjin shouted.

The old man cut the rope and the net came crashing to the ground. You and Seokjin groaned as the old man continued to cut you out of the net.