17 - The Isle of Dragons

Start from the beginning

A young boy, who looked around the age of eleven walked towards you. You could tell he was scared, children are bad at hiding emotions, but he stood bravely, holding a small wooden dagger out attempting to intimidate you.

Seokjin stood, smiling kindly at the kid. You hadn't seen him smile at you like that since you made your promise to him. You stood as well, brushing the dust off of your clothes. It didn't help much though, seeing as you had met face to face with dirt for a while.

"The name is Seokjin," he replied bowing courteously to the boy. The boy lowered his dagger for a moment, letting his guard down, confused by Seokjin's response, "And this is Y/N."

"Wh-what are you doing here?" the boy questioned, raising his dagger once again.

"We came in search of dragons," you spoke up.

The boy looked at Jungkook's sword at your side then at you, knowing that you could reach for it at any moment and attack him. You noticed it and took the sword out of the scabbard and tossed it to the ground, putting your hands up by your head to show him you didn't mean any harm.

"Do you think you could help us?" you continued.

"Okay..." the boy trailed off staring at the sword on the ground, "Only if I can keep that until I can trust you."

You bit your lip, hesitating. Jungkook had trusted you with that sword, were you really just going to surrender it to a stranger?

"Go ahead," Seokjin stated before you could speak. 

Your eyes shot in his direction, glaring into him. He didn't even acknowledge your hard stare, instead, he just smirked, watching the boy grab the sword off the ground. 

"Jerk," you muttered under your breath, lowering your hands.

Seokjin chuckled, you assumed he heard you but you didn't care.

"Come with me," the boy said as he started walking further into the jungle, dragging the edge of the sword against the ground because of how short he was.

As you traveled you noticed that the boy was rather thin and he was also covered in dirt. His skin was deeply tanned and his hair was curled and messy. His ragged clothes were covered in dirt and he was barefoot as well.

"So, what's your name?" Seokjin asked the boy.

"Oh!" He began, "Sorry, it's Romeo."

"It's nice to meet you, Romeo."

"Where are your parents?" you questioned.

"They're at home making dinner."

"Why are you out here alone? Isn't it dangerous?" you asked.

"Not really," Romeo shrugged, "Things like that always happen, but I'm surprised that there wasn't a wildfire or a flood this time."

You and Seokjin glanced at each other, both confused at how nonchalant his response was. Romeo led you to a small hut, sheltered by the overhang of the jungle leaves. Outside the hut was a middle-aged woman that resembled Romeo. She was hanging up wet laundry on a clothesline to dry when Romeo called out to her rushing to her side and dropping Jungkook's sword on the ground.

"Ma! Look!" He exclaimed, "I brought friends!"

His mother glanced over her shoulder her eyes widening in shock. She turned fully to you and Seokjin. She was so stunned that she had dropped one of the pieces of clothes, letting it fall on the ground.

"W-who are these people?" she questioned Romeo.

"That's Seokjin," Romeo responded pointing to him, "And the pretty lady is Y/N."