55 | Crowning the Victor

"ST. GEORGE ACADEMY IS now eliminated. The 19th winner of Mr. Brains and Brawn is...J.S High!" The female voice announces, and the entire auditorium in J.S High was dead silent.

    The students of J.S High stare at the screen with shock on their faces. No one said a thing because not a single person expected the outcome. Well, except for one brave soul named Aristotle Faulkner.

     "J.S High won! Beat that you preppy motherfuckers!" Ari suddenly shouts while standing on top of his seat. And as soon as he said that, the crowd finally cheers, and Felix and Ervin join their crazy friend.

     The students stand from their seats as well and throw their peak cap in the air like it was their graduation, while some jumped up and down because of complete excitement. BND on the other hand hugged each other while Jokers and Crazy 8 congratulated them for successfully training Max for an entire month.

     While everyone was cheering for their victory, the royals were sitting silently in their seats while Viktor continues to watch the screen as Max emerged out of the school building that he literally just blew up.

     "What a terrifying boy," Viktor whispers underneath his breath before draping his arm around the shoulders of the man sitting beside him, Kim Hee-joon. "Don't you agree, my prince?" He then asks.

     "I usually wouldn't care about such useless events, but that kid...rose the flag of our great house; something that a white uniform has never done before. As a brotherhood member, I am thankful," Hee-joon explains, making Viktor chuckle.

     "So, do you approve of him now?" Viktor continues to asks.

     Hee-joon doesn't answer that questions, so Viktor just lets it go. He then turns his head on the right and looks straight at vice president Gavriil who's sitting just across the aisle where the white uniforms are.

     As their eyes meet, Viktor sadistically smirks and says, "Make no mistakes my dear vice president. If you keep running away, you'll end up right where you left off."

     Gavriil doesn't show any reaction on his face, but he angrily grips on the armrest of his seat before quickly standing up. "If you may excuse me, my king," he says instead before bowing at Viktor and walking away.

     Viktor chuckles at Gavriil's reaction and looks back at Max on the screen. The grin on his face slowly fades, and with a serious expression, Viktor touches the crown brooch on his collar and says, "You gotta climb faster Sinclaire, or you'll end up sitting on an occupied throne."

...

Max walks out of the battlegrounds with Asahi walking beside him. Earlier, there weren't any people waiting for them there, but as soon as they stepped out of the building, the press suddenly welcomed them, almost blinding Max because of the camera flashes.

     "Max! Congratulations!" One of the reporters shouted.

     "Maximilian! How do you feel at the moment?"

     "Did you expect to win? Or was it all out of luck?"

     Question after questions were asked as Max tries to avoid the crowd. Thankfully, the men who gave them their equipment earlier arrived and aggressively pushed them away from the heir.

     "A press conference will be held at the Athena Theater, as well as the official coronation. We request that you ask your questions there," one of the men in suit announces.

     Asahi, who was safely standing behind Max, move close to him and whispers, "Looks like you're going to be all over the news tomorrow."

     Max chuckles but doesn't say anything as he and Asahi were escorted back to their bus where the other contestants and even the medics were.