28: Separate Paths

Start from the beginning

"Bang Chan! Where the fuck is Felix?!" They saw Baekhyun yelling at Chan's Fake, clutching on its collar. The video was full of sounds of gunfire, yelling and explosions, they couldn't almost make out a word from the video. "Why are you doing this? I thought you wanted a better society?!"

"Baekhyun!" Suho threw a metal bat at him and the latter instantly caught the object, not hesitating to smash it across the Fake's face, making its head turn to the back, the said robot buzzing and almost malfunctioning at the assault.

"This fucker isn't Bang Chan!" Baekhyun bashed the Fake Chan's face once more, the head disbanding from the body.

"Watch out!" Kai yelled and he pulled Baekhyun back, "It's gonna disintegrate!" The video ended with a static screen and sounds of explosions in the background.

The room was filled with suffocating silence, none of them still could even believe that they had duplicates out there, destroying the city by the order of the higher ups just to own the trust from the people once again.

"Why not Renjun's team?" Minho asked, eyes staring off into nothing as he does so.

Scratching the back of his neck, Johnny looked up at Minho and the others before settling the device on the table gently, "Renjun's team has escaped with the help of Minhyung."

Seungmin raised his hand, not talking until Jaehyun nodded at him in approval, "What about Namjoon's team?"

"Mr. Moon and Mr. Kim has handled their situation a few weeks ago," Johnny answered, taking his seat and folding his hands on the table, "they've been very helpful with our operation, you would honestly think that two men and several androids can handle the job?"

"I'm afraid not."

Feeling someone nudge on Chan's arm, he fixated his attention to the seat beside him to see Jeongin. "Oh," Chan narrowly smiled at the youngest male, "hey Baby Fox." He greeted, sitting up on his seat.

The younger male just smiled in return at Chan, a comforting silence coating the atmosphere, if anyone else was able to calm Chan down aside from Bambam and Yugyeom, it would be Jeongin.

"Do you have something you want to say to us?" Jeongin asked, his voice shook in hesitance, he knew Chan was a secretive man, but not too secretive at all.

Chan looked out of the window, making it subtle that he didn't want to look Jeongin in the eyes, but the fox faced male knew him after all the years of living under the same roof with the leader, it's like he knew him like the back of his hand and his palm.

"It's fine if you don't want to tell it now, Alpha Wolf." Jeongin said, hovering a hand over the older male's hand, tugging on his attention once more to send a caring smile up at him. "We're ready to listen, always."

Those words were enough to reassure Chan that he wasn't alone, but throughout the five-hour drive to the pier, he couldn't stop thinking about his former lover, those eyes that twinkled, freckles that he adored, hair that he always wanted to run his fingers into, his deep voice that contrasted his features, his smile, the small bantering they would have for no reason, the cuddling, the kisses.

"Damn," Chan cursed internally as he cringed at himself, "I miss him already and it hasn't even been a day." He thought to himself, holding back his tears.