Part Sixteen.

"Lauren! Lauren!" Dave called out to while waking me up from a deep sleep. "Here, drink this." He handed me a cold glass of water.

Looking over into the mirror I could see my hair was all over the place and I looked sickly. That's the moment I realized that I was just having a really bad dream.

"Here." Dave took the glass from me once I finished and placed it on the nightstand.

"I'm sorry.." He pleaded.

Unsure of what and why he was apologizing I furrowed my brow and stayed completely silent.

"You were yelling for me to get off of you and crying in your sleep. And I know that's coming from what I've done to you in the past but I assure you that I'm not that person anymore. I go to anger management classes; and I even see a therapist. I do all of that shit for you and my daughter Lo, I can't help that I get angry sometimes. I wish I could get rid of this illness but I can't, now look it led me to losing an amazing woman." Dave pleaded.

Placing one hand on his face, I planted a small kiss on his cheek. Dave always will have a place in my heart and that's what made it even hard for me to be around him.

"Please... Dav—." I gasped as he planted soft kisses onto my neck. "Dave I can't." I blurted out.

I already messed up once and I darn sure wasn't about to do it again. I sat up here and had unprotected sex with my child's father; and not only did I feel trifling but I knew that if Jayce found out that he was going to be extremely hurt and may never speak to me again.

"Mommy!" Kairi squealed coming through the door.

Happily saved by the bell I got myself and Kairi cleaned and dressed up for the day. Today I planned on taking her to see Riley and José for the first time.

I had a change of heart and decided I wanted to forgive my sister and hopefully move forward with a better relationship.

"Ooowee you cute girl." I said gassing Kairi up as she posed for the camera. "You coming with?" I asked Dave.

Nodding his head yes, he grabbed his keys and phone and made his way to the front door. "Hold on lemme get a a picture of y'all." I said pulling out my phone.

Snapping a quick photo of the two of them together; we finally made our way out the front door.

𝐋𝐢𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲: 𝐃𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐄𝐚𝐬𝐭 and 35,033 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐬