He releases a pained sigh and declines, "Queen, we both know that's not even the slightest of truth."

"But he believes--

"It doesn't matter what he believes, the truth is not always what you believe."

"Does even the truth matter anymore?" Taehyung didn't even let you speak anything in your defense. Heck he didn't once ask in this entire week whether you had done it not. Snaring you behind these rusting iron bars in this deserted ghostly silent corridor, seemed like the very first thing that came into his mind.

"I don't know but I can't let him marry her." Is all he says before turning his back on you and once again, the morbid loneliness of the place envelopes you.

You've your third visitor the same day. A lady this time, she came in the evening. Her malicious smile gleaming on more than ever, her face shone with the glow of her authority and glory. The so-called next slytherin queen. Endeavoring to gain your attention, she claps her hands. Knees shrunk to chest, you were sitting in the corner. Once you lift up yours eyes to look at your visitor, she cockily speaks, "How do you feel now that I'm going to marry taehyung?"  Rising up at her mocking words, you walk towards her. You didn't expect your next visitor this soon. What else you didn't expect was Hanyo to appear out of blue as your third visitor. Letting out a bitter laugh, you look at her which seems to only enrage her. Darting you some death stares, she indignantly clenches her fingers around the bars so tightly that her knuckles turns in the shades of white.

"So you really think you can marry my husband. Literally so bold of you." You laugh dramatically.

Inching her face closer to the bars, she glares at you and spits out, "You think I did all this to marry him." she laughs a maniac laughter. As you look at her, holding a perplexed face, she lets go off the bars and distances herself back.

Snapping her fingers she adds, "No, no, YN, I'm just doing what you left. You gave the soup to his Halmeoni but not him. I wanted to wipe all the royals out of my way and YN you, you became my pawn." She emphasizes on the last words pointing at you and continues, "His halmeoni died, you was accused. Tomorrow taehyung will die and Namjoon will be blamed for his death. There was a time when I liked taehyung but no, not anymore." The diabolical smirk of her face grows bigger, rendering you speechless. You have a hard time digesting the truth. It was her from the beginning, plotting and scheming all these detestable conspiracies.

"I have always wanted to kill that old lady anyway." She shrugs and adds, "She would not leave any chance to degrade me. If she had died sooner, I'd be slytherin queen by now." There was a time when taehyung wanted to marry her. Since his granny didn't approve the marriage, he couldn't. He asked her several times but the old lady never once assented. She had probably looked straight through her honey-sweet behavior.

"What are you going to do tomorrow?" You blurt out impatiently, grabbing onto the bars.

"And why should I tell you that? Well it's not like you can do anything. So I've no harm in telling you anything." She speaks, hanging about in front of you.

As she ends narrating her plans for obliterating Namjooon and Taehyung from her way to throne, she quickly turns on her heels and walks the exit out while you helplessly fall on your knees. Hanyo was right. Even after if you know how she'd kill him, there's nothing you can do.

All the night long, sleep didn't come to you. Your thoughts weighed more than your will to rest. You just kept tossing and turning around on the rough surface of the cell. At dawn, your body shut down on its own but the dreamland is short-lived. Your slumber don't last long when loud creaking voice intervened. It reverberates in the empty corridor and jolts wake you up. You instantly sit upright. There is Namjoon, hunched down on the other side of the door, opening the rusted lock which don't seem to favor him any soon.

"Orabeoni, w-we need to do something." You blurt out as you move closer to where he is.

"I know. The marriage just started, we've a lot of time." He replies, his whole face etched in a frown at how hard he was trying to twist and turn the key. He has somehow inserted it inside the lock but it just wouldn't rotate. The delinquent rusted lock demands of more effort.

"No we don't."

"What do you mean?" He looks up at you.

"The first morsel --

You start but don't get to finish. Your words are cut off by the grating voice that erupted from the lock. A spark of triumph glimmers in his eyes. The key finally rotates. He pushes the door back and gently grabbing your hand in his, leads you out of the cell.

"And what's wrong with first morsel? I prepared that."

"It's poisoned."

__________

1577 words.
June 12, 2021
9:40 pm
3.9K reads

📍 Here comes the next part.
📍 Please leave your views.
📍 How do you think about the story so far?
📍 Please leave lots of comments for me so that when I wake up in the morning, I'll get to read them. They make my day ❤
📍 HAPPY EIGHT YEAR ANNIVERSARY TO OUR HARDWORKING, AMAZING, LOVING, CARING, DASHING, STUNNING, BANGTAN BOYS.
📍 HAPPY BTS DAY ARMYS...
📍 My heart will always be 💜